1. Megan Denise Fox was born on May 16, 1986, in Memphis, Tennessee.
2. At the age of 5, Fox began taking singing and dancing lessons, which continued when she and her family moved to St. Petersburg, Florida, when she was 10.
3. At age 13, she added modeling classes to her repertoire.
4. In 1999, Fox won multiple awards at the American Modeling and Talent Convention.
5. This success convinced her to drop out of high school and move to Los Angeles, California just a few years later, at the age of 16.
6. That year, Fox landed her first big break when she was cast as a bratty heiress in the 2001 Olsen twins comedy film, Holiday in the Sun. The film, which had a large cult fanbase, went straight to DVD.
7. Over the next few years, Fox continued to appear in guest-spot television roles.
8. Her next role was in 2002, when she appeared in the Swedish-produced soap opera, Ocean Ave.
9. That same year, Fox also appeared in a guest-starring role on the WB network show What I Like About You, starring Amanda Bynes.
10. The year 2004 was a big one for Megan Fox. She made an appearance in the CBS hit comedy Two and a Half Men, starring Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer, and was a series regular on the short-lived WB sitcom, The Help.
11. She also began appearing on the ABC sitcom Hope & Faith, in which she played the daughter of Faith Ford’s character in the second and third seasons.
12. Her performance earned her a Young Artists Award nomination in 2005.
13. Fox also returned to film work that year when she won the role as Carla Santi, a rival of Lindsay Lohan’s character, in Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.
14. But Fox landed her biggest break in 2007, when she was cast alongside Shia LaBeouf in the Steven Spielberg-produced blockbuster Transformers.
15. She was nominated for the 2008 MTV Movie Award for breakthrough performance.
16. The following year, Fox joined the cast of the comedy How to Lose Friends and Alienate People.
17. The movie did well in England due to featuring lead comedian Simon Pegg, but didn’t achieve much commercial success in the United States.
18. In 2009, Megan reprised her role as Mikaela Banes in the sequel to the hit Transformers in Transformers: Rise of the Fallen.
19. The sequel was again a box office success, and kept Fox in the media spotlight.
20. She signed on to do the third installment of the franchise, which is tentatively titled Transformers 3, but later left the project.
21. Rumors swirling around the sudden casting change suggest that Fox was released from the film after making several disparaging remarks about director Michael Bay to prominent media outlets. Both parties deny the allegation.
22. In 2009, Fox appeared in the horror film Jennifer’s Body, which opened to minor success.
23. Later film credits include playing Leila, the gun-toting mistress, in the Wild West film Jonah Hex (2010), and starring in This Is 40(2012).
24. She starred as April O’Neil in the 2014 film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
25. Fox has appeared in several “sexiest” lists in recent years, including FHM magazine’s “Sexiest Woman Alive” list and Maxim’s “Hot 100” collection (2009).
26. She has also been ranked in the Top 20 on multiple “rising star” lists, including No. 1 on Moviefone’s list of “The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25” and No. 17 on Interview magazine’s “Future Stars of Tomorrow.”
27. In June 2010, Fox became engaged to actor Brian Austin Green (of Beverly Hills: 90210 fame).
28. The couple had been engaged previously, following a two-year relationship, but canceled their wedding in 2009.
29. Fox made headlines when she lost her two-carat diamond ring on a beach while vacationing with Green in Hawaii.
30. It was later revealed that the couple actually exchanged vows while they were in Hawaii.
31. The couple has two sons, Noah (born on 2012) and Bodhi (born on 2014).
32. In August 2015 Green and Fox announced their separation after 11 years together.
33. She is of Irish, French and Native American ancestry.
34. Growing up, her favorite cartoon was “‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”.
35. Fox was raised as a Roman Catholic, and spent her childhood attending Catholic school.
36. At school, she was part of the school swim team. Her mom says Megan beat the record for the 8-and-under individual medley while swimming in 1994.
37. Megan also studied ballet, tap, acting, and performance jump rope. According to the International Rope Skipping Federation, jump rope is a fast-spreading, organized, team and individual sport that features the likes of “Double-Dutch Freestyle,” “Criss-Cross,” “Triple-Unders,” and more.
38. She was inspired to become an actress after watching The Wizard of Oz. She was 3 years old and absolutely fascinated by Dorothy.
39. Megan knows she’s hot! Unlike many actresses who prefer to downplay their level of hotness in interviews, Megan instead embraces it. She explains: “I’m just really confident sexually, and I think that sort of oozes out of my pores. It’s just there. It’s something I don’t have to turn on.”
40. She’s a big fan of tattoos. In total, she’s got nine tattoos. A particular favorite is one of William Shakespeare’s King Lear which says “We will all laugh at gilded butterflies.” The one in the above picture reads: “There was once a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her heart.” I wonder who it was who broke her heart that inspired it.
41. Megan washed Michael Bay’s Ferrari. As part of an audition, director Bay admitted to making Megan wash his Ferrari. The reasoning behind the (totally creepy) request was that he wanted to see how a “sexy scene” might look on camera.
42. She once dated a female stripper. She revealed to GQ magazine that when she first moved to L.A., she dated a stripper: “Well, that year my boyfriend broke up with me…and I went out of my way to create a relationship with this girl, a stripper named Nikita.”
43. While filming Transformers Megan lost two of her toe nails. This is because her shoes were too small for her feet, apparently.
44. She has a fear of flying. Megan has revealed that she used to listen to Britney Spears.
45. Megan loves video games. Some of her favorites include Halo and Guitar Hero.
46. Her chosen superpower would be invisibility. In an interview, she once said: “Invisibility… It’s how you gain the most advantage, at least in practical situations. I would also need super strength, but that’s a given.”
47. Megan owns a life-size replica of R2-D2. She’s a huge Star Wars fan, owning a bunch of memorabilia.
48. She has a massive crush on Olivia Wilde. She was once quoted as saying: “Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She’s mesmerizing.”
49. After her parents divorced when she was young, Fox was raised by her mother and stepfather in St. Petersburg, Florida.
50. She has been called a modern sex symbol for appearing in FHM, Maxim, and Rolling Stone.