1. Her first name is actually Karen, but she has gone by Lucy since I was born.
2. She was born to Julie Knight and Preston Hale and raised with an older sister named Maggie.
3. She is also an established country music singer.
4. She released her first studio album, Road Between, in 2014.
5. In 2003, she was one of five winners on the reality series American Juniors.
6. She has one sister and four stepsisters.
7. She had braces for about three years.
8. One of her favorite cities is Vancouver, British Columbia.
9. Early in her career, she made appearances on such TV series as How I Met Your Mother, The O.C., Drake & Josh and Wizards of Waverly Place.
10. She sang long before she ever thought of acting.
11. She is a terrible driver.
12. She is afraid of heights.
Like most celebrities, Lucy Hale probably spends a lot of time on planes in order to get to all of the places she needs to go. However, she has shared that she’s actually very scared of heights.
13. In 2014, she began dating Lawson drummer Adam Pitts.
14. She was almost in the film 50 Shades of Grey.
Although it may be hard to picture Hale as anyone other than Aria Montgomery, she actually audited for the role of Anastasia Steele in the film adaptation of 50 Shades of Grey. According to Hale, “That audition was so uncomfortable! It’s exactly what you thought it would be: a big monologue but very, very sexual. There were some things that I was so embarrassed to be reading out loud, but it’s one of those things where you have to commit wholeheartedly or you’re going to make a fool of yourself.”
15. She really wants to meet Dolly Parton.
As someone who was raised listening to country music, it should come as no surprise that Lucy Hale looks up to the legendary Dolly Parton. Last year, Hale sang a cover of a Parton song that blew listeners away, and said that performing that night was one of the best times she’s had on stage. Hale has also stated that meeting Dolly Parton is one of the top priorities on her bucket list.
16. She has a total of eight ear piercings.
17. Hale moved to Los Angeles at age 15 in the hopes of getting a record deal.
18. She made her big screen debut in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 portraying Effie, the younger sister of Lena Kaligaris (played by Alexis Bledel).
19. Hale then co-starred in the CW series Privileged as Rose Baker, with Ashley Newbrough and Joanna Garcia.
20. In December 2009, Hale was cast as Aria Montgomery in the TV series Pretty Little Liars, based on the book series by Sara Shepard. Hale won a 2010 Teen Choice Award (“Choice Summer TV Star: Female”) for her portrayal of Aria on the show.
21. In January 2010, Hale guest-starred on the CSI: Miami episode “Show Stopper”.
22. In August 2010, she was cast in a cameo in Scream 4.
23. Hale was cast as the lead for A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song. Filming began in February 2011 and the film aired in January 2012. She hosted the April 25 episode of Punk’d where she successfully pranked Ian Harding, Vanessa Hudgens and Josh Hutcherson.
24. Her early musical influences were Shania Twain and Faith Hill, but what ignited her interest in pursuing music was Britney Spears’ “…Baby One More Time”. She also listened to Dixie Chicks.
25. Lucy Hale is beyond obsessed with unicorns. Her love for these mythical creatures all started when she dressed as one for a Just Jared Halloween party, and it’s been all over the rainbow from there. Now, her fans send her unicorn memorabilia as an inside joke, and Lucy wouldn’t have it any other way.