1. Along with acting, Kinney is pursuing a career in music. Her EP, “Blue Toothbrush”, was released in 2011.
2. She grew up with her family in Wayne, Nebraska.
3. Actress and singer who began playing Beth Greene in the AMC network’s hit zombie series The Walking Dead in 2011.
4. She graduated from Nebraska Wesleyan University and had appearances in several Law and Order series before getting cast on The Walking Dead in 2011.
5. She also released her own EP, Blue Toothbrush, in 2011, and regularly blogged about her life in New York for Unscripted Magazine.
6. She graduated from Nebraska Wesleyan University in 2006.
7. Kinney has had reoccurring roles and guest appearances on television series such as “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”, “Law & Order: SVU”, The Good Wife (2009), and The Big C (2010).
8. She was cast as “Beth Greene” in the AMC television series, The Walking Dead (2010) in 2011.
9. She is also an active blogger, writing about her experiences as a young actress in New York for “Unscripted Magazine”.
10. Kinney is a vegetarian.
11. She once played the part of Wendy in a Peter Pan adaptation.
12. The character of Beth, on “The Walking Dead”, was never conceived as a singer but was written as one after Emily Kinney’s singing talents were discovered.
13. Is a horror movie fan, which is what led to her being cast on The Walking Dead (2010).
14. Her favorite horror film is Scream (1996).
15. In interviews, she has claimed to have remained good friends with her The Walking Dead (2010) costar, Norman Reedus.
16. Emily Kinney was born on 15th August 1985.
17. Kinney grew up in the central state of Nebraska in the small town of Wayne, but she moved around a lot when she was young with her family.
She explained in an interview with AMC: “In second grade, I think I went to three different schools. We were in Nevada, and Oregon, and a few different places in Nebraska.
“One thing I remember that was interesting was going to my parents’ house for the first time once they had moved somewhere else and just that feeling of it being so different. It’s good because it makes you see that your family is why you’re together.”
18. She’s addicted to coffee. “I actually liked working in coffee shops,” Kinney told Eide Magazine, which isn’t surprising considering her adoration of the drink.
She worked in a small coffee shop adapting to the Brooklyn lifestyle where she began to meet people from the acting and musical scenes.
19. Kinney’s emergence on the music scene and demise on Walking Dead both combined to land her the main role in a music video for Train’s ironically named Bulletproof Picasso.
It’s just another appearance for Kinney as her wider reputation and exposure leads to new opportunities.
20. While Kinney’s social media feeds are a combined blend of music promotions and Beth fans pouring their hearts out to her, she’s certainly not finished with her acting career.
Her most recent role came during The Flash on the CW network, playing the part of The Bug-Eyed Bandit as she branches into different areas of TV.
The most notable difference from her role as Beth is the fact that her new character is a villain based in the DC universe, and she told IGN she was excited by the new challenge: “It was very different, but I found it to be really fun, just in the kind of character I got to play. “The tone of the show is different. Beth was very sweet and strong and kindhearted and Brie is so very different.”