1. She was born super early. Two months early to be more precise. She weighed only 2 lbs. 8 oz. when she was born and spent the first two months of her life in the hospital.
2. Ashley is a huge animal lover. In fact, she’s adopted two adorable pups and welcomed them into her home.
3. She became known as Abigail Deveraux on Days of Our Lives.
4. At age eight, she began modeling under The Ford Modeling Agency in print advertisements, and she appeared in a Lil’ Romeo music video as a Schoolgirl in 2002.
5. She appeared in the art film Spring Breakers and she was also cast in the 2015 feature Pixels.
6. Her first-ever acting job’s kinda delish. It was in a Domino’s Pizza commercial.
7. She experienced her first kiss ever on-screen! She was a teenager; he was a 20-something.
8. She used to be a competitive dancer. That’s how she got a starring role in Bring It On: In It to Win It.
9. She played Hanna Marin on the hit show Pretty Little Liars, for which she won a Youth Rock Award for Rockin’ TV Actress in 2011.
10. While filming BIO, she had to practice real cheerleading stunts; a terrifying feat since Ash is admittedly afraid of heights.
11. She had huge career aspirations. If she wasn’t an actress, she said she wanted to be a doctor and a chef.
12. She began dating swagger coach Ryan Good in 2011, and broke off the relationship in 2013.
13. She’s close to a Glee star! In 2007, the actress appeared in boy band NLT’s “That Girl” music video. And guess who was part of that band — Kevin McHale (a.k.a. the future Artie Abrams)!
14. Ashley Benson and her PLL co-star Sasha Pieterse both served as models for Jean Gray in the X-Men Origins comic book series.
15. The actress admitted to Cosmopolitan that she’s more down with brown! “Brown hair makes me feel more myself,” she explained during the interview. “As a blonde, I get categorized as the bitchy popular girl for roles, and I just want to be the normal girl.”
16. She guest-starred on The O.C. in the same episode as her PLL co-star, Mona Vanderwaal a.k.a. Janel Parrish.
17. While filming Spring Breakers in Florida, the sets were filled with debauchery, nudity and drugs in order to capture the essence of a wild getaway weekend. When Ashley spotted two naked girls pawing at each other, she didn’t turn away. She sacrificed her own comfort to shield co-star Selena Gomez’s eyes from the craziness. Aww!
18. She’s a natural comedienne! According to Keegan Allen, Ashley is the queen of pranks, and she’s even managed to stick gum in his without him ever noticing. Here’s how she tells it: “Once, I stuck gum on [his] coat collar, so when he leaned back, it got caught in his hair.”
19. She started competitively dancing when she was 3. She tackled everything from ballet to hip-hop. Her dancing later landed her roles in music videos like NLT’s “That Girl” and movies like Bring It On: In It To Win It.
20. She never got to go to prom.Because Ashley was working so much on Days Of Our Lives, she never went to prom or really any school dance.
21. Ashley frequently answers questions on Twitter, which is one of the many reasons to follow her. She revealed that she prefers *NSYNC over the Backstreet Boys.
22. Ashley is 5’4″.
23. If She Could Be Any Animal, She’d Be A Dog
In another Twitter Q&A, Ashley revealed that she would be a dog if she could be any animal for a day.
24. Her favorite food is Sushi, Italian, and Mexican.
25. She is the dramatic ex girlfriend in the video for “Honestly” by Hot Chelle Rae. Appearing in the first seconds of the video, she says to her boyfriend, “You’re focusing on video games right now,” and proceeds to throw her man’s clothes out the window.