Read in the list below 8 interesting facts about Pierre Balmain, according to modalogy.wordpress.com.
1. Design goes through every field around the world. Balmain’s frequent-flier status was put to good practical use when he designed stewardess uniforms for Singapore Airlines.
2. If you want to know a little bit more about Balmain and his unique life, the designer published his memoirs, My Years and Seasons.
3. The designer’s full name was Pierre Alexandre Claudius Balmain , and was born in St-Jean-de-Maurienne, in the Savoy region of France.
4. As always, the designers bring unique background. After living for a little while in St-Jean-de-Maurienne, Balmain moves to Paris where he studies architecture.
5. Then, Balmain goes and serves in the French air force, based in Paris.
6. You’ll never know who you’ll run into… This is when Balmain had worked for the designers Edward Molyneux and Lucien Lelong, alongside Christian Dior.
7. Gertrude Stein, a family friend, wrote a celebratory piece on Balmain for the local magazine, and then, the Duchess of Windsor placed an immediate order.
8. Balmain was forever associated with the style called “Jolie Madame.” It meant: “Magnificently made, rather fitted elegant and luxurious fashions”.