Read here 55 interesting facts about the famous talented actor Ryan Gosling!
1. He was born in London, Ontario, Canada on November 12, 1980.
2. His childhood nickname was “Trouble.”
3. Ryan took ballet but stopped because he was terrible.
4. Ryan Gosling was supposed to play the lead in The Lovely Bones but was fired when he showed up on set weighing 210 pounds. He was cast when he weighed 150 pounds.
5. His perfect day would involve sitting in a room and knitting all day. He absolutely loves knitting.
6. When he was a kid, he could do an absolutely epic rendition of “Everybody Dance Now.”
7. When he was a kid, Ryan filled a Fisher-Price Magic kit with steak knives, brought them to school, and threw them at kids at recess.
8. Rachel McAdams and Ryan apparently hated each other while filming The Notebook.
9. His uncle was an Elvis impersonator and Ryan was his assistant.
10. He was cast in The Notebook because the director thought he wasn’t cool or good-looking.
11. Ryan says the worst thing you could call him is a “dumb hipster.”
12. Britney Spears used to play spin the bottle with him.
13. He dated Sandra Bullock from 2002–2003. She was 16 years older than him. In 2011, he said she was one of the greatest girlfriends, “I had two of the greatest girlfriends of all time. I haven’t met anybody who could top them.” The other girl he’s referring to was Rachel McAdams.
14. Ryan built the car he used in Drive. The director said, “Ryan wanted to build his own car. So the car, the Malibu, the old gray car he drives around, he built himself. He took it apart and put it back together.”
15. He once bought out an entire Girl Scout Cookie stand and handed them out to people on the street.
16. A.J. McClean never returned Ryan Gosling’s calls about joining the Backstreet Boys in the early ’90s. They lived in the same apartment complex at the time.
17. Justin Timberlake’s mom was his legal guardian for six months.
18. Ryan gave himself his own tattoo with a tattoo kit. It was supposed to be a bloody monster’s hand but it looks more like a cactus.
19. After eating an awesome meal, Ryan, on a whim, decided to open a Moroccan restaurant in Beverly Hills called Tagine. It made him bankrupt and he had to do all the plumbing.
20. He taught Britney Spears about sex, like “positions and such.”
21. Ryan built the table from The Notebook that he and Rachel McAdams consummated their relationship on.
22. He also made the Adirondack chairs in front of the house.
23. During the first season of The Mickey Mouse Club, Ryan and his family lived in the Yogi Bear trailer park down the road from the studio.
24. After Hurricane Katrina he packed a car and headed to Mississippi to help build a monastery.
25. He has a sister named Mandi.
26. Ryan Cabrera has a Ryan Gosling tattoo on his calf.
27. He worked at a sandwich shop after The Notebook.
28. In 2007, the producer of Fracture had a hard time contacting Ryan Gosling to give him the script because he was living in a tent in the woods for reasons he won’t disclose. Apparently he lived off the grid for two months.
29. When he was 12, he was on an episode of Goosebumps. He was also on an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark.
30. His parents are Mormon after they were converted by missionaries knocking on their door.
31. Contrary to his famous meme, he’s never said “Hey, girl.”
32. He’s an accomplished jazz guitarist.
33. His favorite place in the L.A. area is Disneyland. He often goes alone, wears headphones and a hat, and goes on rides all day.
34. He starred in a pilot episode of a TV show called The Unbelievables with his future Crazy, Stupid, Love co-star Steve Carrell.
35. He’s in a band called Dead Man’s Bones where he sings about paranormal phenomena.
36. When two guys got into a fight on the streets of NYC, Gosling played mediator and stopped it before it got too serious.
37. His dog George has a mohawk because his dog insists on it. Ryan said, “Ten years ago I shaved a mohawk just for the summer. And then, every time it started to grow out, he turned into a total jerk. And then, I’d shave it back and he’d turn into a nice guy again.”
38. In 2012, Ryan released a documentary he both produced and narrated about youth culture called ReGENERATION.
39. A huge jazz fan, his favorite musician is Chet Baker.
40. After filming Murder by Numbers, he purchased the Jeep Cherokee that was driven throughout the film.
41. Thanks to his leading role in Half Nelson, Gosling was nominated for the Oscar for Best Actor in 2006.
42. He takes his dog, George, with him to his yoga classes.
43. He was home-schooled as a child.
44. Gosling and ex-girlfriend, Rachel McAdams, were born in the same hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital in Ontario, Canada.
45. Gosling admits that he has no entourage and only a few close friends. He often prefers solitude while not working, attributing it to his autonomous childhood.
46. Gosling is making is directorial debut this year with the movie How To Catch A Monster starring Christina Hendricks, Saoirse Ronan and Matt Smith.
47. When he was a kid, he was obsessed with the movie Dick Tracy and collected all the toys from it in Burger King.
48. When his movie, Blue Valentine, was threatened to receive a strict NC-17 rating, Gosling wrote to the Motion Picture Association of America and accused them of sexist double standards.
49. He is heavily involved in many types of philanthranpic work, including PETA, Invisible Children and SickKids Foundation. He has also devoted time and money to AIS research, poverty aid and humane animal treatment.
50. Speaking of Justin Timberlake, the two of them were roommates during their time in the Mickey Mouse Club.
51. Ryan has two nicknames in high school: “Opie” and “Trouble”. These two names signify a “good boy bad boy” persona.
52. Ryan first broke into show business on “The Mickey Mouse Club,” alongside Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake.
53. His parents divorced when he was a child and he was raised mostly by his mother.
54. At age 17, Ryan dropped out of high school and moved to Los Angeles to pursue his movie career. The first role he got in the new city was in the series “Young Hercules”.
55. At a young age, Ryan thought having a Canadian accent didn’t sound “tough enough. I thought guys should sound like Marlon Brando. So now I have a phony accent I can’t shake, so it’s not phony anymore.”