Read here 50 interesting and fun unknown facts about Britney Spears!
1. Britney is a super successful American singer. Until date, she has been able to win a total of more than 250 awards worldwide. Of these awards, she won the majority of 35 awards in the year 1999, which is one of the most successful years of her musical career. She was also able to win 19 awards in 2008 at major award functions.
2. She was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana.
3. Britney was an accomplished gymnast by the time she was 9 years old.
4. She was born December 2nd, 1981 in McComb, Mississippi.
5. Britney shares her birthday with other famous celebrities from Hollywood namely actress Lucy Lui, Grammy winner Nelly Furtado, TV actress Rena Sofer and drummer Brian Chase.
6. Jamie Lynn, Britney’s sister, has made headlines due to her teenage pregnancy. In 2007, when she was only 17 years old, she became pregnant with boyfriend Casey Aldridge’s child. The two never got married and ended their relationship in 2010.
7. She has two siblings, Bryan James and Jamie Lynn.
8. Britney Spears’s mother Lynne Irene Spears is not only the mother of two celebrities but is a writer herself. Along with daughter Britney, Lynne has co-written a book namely Heart to Heart (2000), which is based on Britney’s life. Apart from that, a novel “A Mother’s Gift” was penned down by her in 2001. A TV movie by the name of “Brave New Girl” is based on that novel. In 2008, Britney’s mother released a journal titled “Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World”, which was based on what her family has to go through with all the media following them around.
9. When she competed on ‘Star Search,’ she sang Naomi Judd’s “Love Can Build a Bridge.” She lost in the second round of competition.
10. She auditioned for The Mickey Mouse Club, but was too young at the time, however impressed by her Disney recommended an agent and she and her mom moved to New York and she got work as an understudy in a production of Ruthless!
11. She was signed to Jive Records in 1997.
12. In a recent poll, it was shown that Britney is the 3rd “Hottest Celebrity Mom” with Halle Berry was on the 2nd and Angelina was on the 1st position. Britney was able to beat the likes of actress Salma Hayek, actress Kate Beckinsale, actress Jessica Alba and singer Jennifer Lopez.
13. During the New Year Eve of 2004, Britney Spears created history for being married for the shortest duration. It was for only 55 hours. While in Las Vegas, Britney married her friend Jason Alexander. However, the marriage was annulled after 55 hours, which shocked the world.
14. Britney is quite popular to be known as a singer who usually lip syncs during her concerts or during TV performances.
15. After her divorce from Federline, she was not given the custody of her sons because of her dependency on drugs. Custody was awarded to Federline instead. In a strange act of madness, during those days, Britney even shaved her head. She was also admitted to a psychiatric ward at UCLA Medical Center.
16. When Britney Spears first album came out, it was a huge success. The American rapper Eminem’s song “Real Slim Shady” was also released during that time. The music video poked fun at many celebrities including Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, N Sync and Carson Dally.
17. The music video for Britney Spears’ “…Baby One More Time” was filmed at the high school where Grease was shot.
18. Her hit song’s “…Baby One More Time” lyric: “Hit Me, Baby, One More Time” doesn’t have any connection with physical abuse or S&M as it was supposed by popular belief. The Swedes songwriters thought that “hit” was brand new American teen slang for “call.” The singer, then, is pleading for her ex-boyfriend to call her just one more time, because she’s lonely. Nothing improper there!
19. Britney Spears sometimes travels under the alias “Alotta Warmheart”.
20. Britney’s middle name is Jean
21. Before the “Crossroads” kissing scene, Anson Mount ate a “big spoonful” of garlic to prank Britney Spears.
22. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake bought each other custom-made, $21,000 toilet seats that had their own faces on them. Britney’s seat had Justin’s face and vice versa.
23. Britney Spears sent emails back and forth with Prince William, but then he stood her up on a dinner date.
24. Not realizing her microphone was on, Britney Spears swore and cursed out the stage crew right before she started singing during a concert in 2001. Britney Spears was only 19 at the time, but regardless of age, being overheard by around 170,000 fans saying things such as, “Don’t tell me they’re just letting the audience just f-cking stand out there like that. This is ret-rded” and “Oh sh-t. Oh, no. What are they doing? Oh, my pants are too short! I grew! I’m not just gonna stand out there” was not the best of moments.
25. Britney Spears thinks chocolate is as good as sex saying, “Chocolate for me is just like an orgasm.”
26. Britney Spears has almost accidentally burned down her home on multiple occasions and also trashed her mom’s Lexus while growing up.
27. Vanilla is her favorite scent.
28. Britney has endorsed Candie’s, Herbal Essences, Pepsi, Sony, Make Up For Ever and Twister, among many others.
29. Before becoming famous, Britney Spears acted in theater productions and was even an understudy along with Natalie Portman for an off-Broadway play.
30. Shonda Rimes, who created “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy,” wrote “Crossroads,” Britney’s first (and only) feature film.
31. Before she made it big, she was an aerobics instructor at the gym owned by her parents, Jamie and Lynn.
32. “…Baby One More Time” was originally intended for TLC.
33. She wore Monique Lhuillier to her wedding to Kevin Federline.
34. Britney passed on “Umbrella.” Good news for Rihanna.
35. She was on the list to play Daisy Duke, but as we all know, that role went to her contemporary Jessica Simpson.
36. Lady Gaga’s duet with Beyonce, “Telephone,” was originally intended for Britney.
37. Britney’s corral of scents have grossed millions of dollars. Curious was one of the best-selling fragrances of 2004, the year it was launched.
38. Her net worth is around $200 million.
39. Britney’s perfumes account for 34% of all celebrity perfume sales.
40. She is a notorious nail-biter.
41. Britney injured her bad knee on the set of the “Outrageous” video in 2004, leading to the cancellation of her Onyx Hotel tour. Many people say the injury killed her dancing talent. We’ll never see the video, which promised a cameo from Snoop Dogg.
42. Britney would choose Natalie Portman to play her in a biopic.
43. She was the highest-paid female musician in 2012, earning about $58 million.
44. Her favorite singer as of late is Bruno Mars.
45. In her free time, Britney and her two sons Preston and Jayden like to ride four-wheelers.
46. Britney wears a 32C bra and a size 4 dress. She wears a 6.5-7 shoe.
47. The 60 minute documentary Britney: For the Record chronicled her return to the recording industry and was aired on MTV.
48. Britney was the highest-paid reality show judge ever, getting $15 million to do “X-Factor”.
49. Britney only has one Grammy, Best Dance Recording, for “Toxic”.
50. She appeared in an episode of “How I Met Your Mother”.