Learn them in the list below!
1. Ed was born February 17, 1991.
2. Hs full name is Edward Christopher Sheeran.
3. Ed went on tour with Example in 2010.
4. His debut album (not including self-released records) was called +.
5. Ed shared his writing skills with boy-band One Direction co-writing the song “Moments” for their debut album which was released in November of 2011.
6. Ed was nominated for a GRAMMY for Song of the Year for his hit single “The A Team,” but lost to Fun. for “We Are Young.”
7. The final EP of 2010 was “Live at the Bedford”.
8. He is 5′ 10″ tall.
9. His 2011 EP No. 5 Collaborations Project was the record that firmly established Ed Sheeran in the pop music mainstream – it charted at number 2 in the iTunes download chart even though Ed wasn’t signed by a record label.
10. Track “Little Lady” was a dark reworking of “The A Team” featuring rapper Mikill Pane. Listen to it below (Explicit).
11. He released the EPs You Need Me in 2009 and Loose Change in 2010.
12. The video for Lego House features Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter movies).
13. His next EP was “Loose Change” which included his eventual breakthrough song “The A Team”.
14. Music runs in his family – his older brother Matthew is a composer of classical music.
15. The next EP to be released was “Songs I Wrote With Amy” which was a collection of tracks Ed had worked on with singer songwriter Amy Wadge.
16. His love for music begin at a very young age, singing in the church choir at the age of 4. He learned guitar at a young age as well.
17. The first was “Let It Out EP”.
18. Ed once toured with English musician Just Jack.
19. Sheeran moved to London in 2008, and in 2009 he played more than 300 live shows and gigs.
20. He released four EPs in 2010.
21. He was born in Halifax, England but grew up in Framlingham in Suffolk.
22. Ed went to Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham. When he was being interviewed on The Johnathan Ross Show in 2012, Ed showed Jonathan a picture of one of his former teachers, Mr Wheeler, because he thought they looked alike.
23. Ed wears size 10 (UK) shoes.
24. It featured tracks such as Open Your Ears, Beyond The Pale and Insomniac’s Lullaby.
25. All four of Ed’s guitars have names…they are Lloyd, Felix, Cyril, and Nigel.
26. Ed’s next album was released in 2006 and was named “Ed Sheeran”.
27. Ed performed at the closing ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. What an honor!
28. His favorite rapper is Eminem and has said he would love to meet him one day.
29. Ed Sheeran began to record his own songs at a very young age. In 2005 he released The Orange Room EP which features four tracks – I Love You, Addicted, Misery and Moody Ballad Of Ed.
30. His father is is an art curator and lecturer and his mom is a jewelry designer.
31. He went to LA in 2010 and performed at several open mic nights.
32. Whilst performing in LA, he was spotted by comedian, actor and musician Jamie Foxx who gave him use of his recording studio.
33. Ed released his final independent EP “No. 5 Collaborations Project” in 2011.
34. He was the cousin of TV presenter Gordon Burns and bought a farm in 2012 to raise his future children in.
35. His indie style and melodic voice won the heart of millions with his hit song The A Team, which earned 4x platinum status in 2011.
36. The album featured guest artists such as Devlin, Wiley, JME and Wretch 32.
37. His album No. 5 Collaborations Project impressed both Elton John and Jamie Foxx.
38. The video for ‘Lego House’ features Harry Potter star Rupert Grint as an obsessed fan.
39. He collaborated with Taylor Swift on her album Red.
40. The next Ed Sheeran single was ‘Drunk’. The music video features singer Nina Nesbitt who toured with him.