You can read them in the following list!
1. Drew Barrymore was born Drew Blythe Barrymore on February 22, 1975, in in Los Angeles, California.
2. Barrymore is the daughter of actor John Drew Barrymore Jr. and Ildiko Jaid, but her family tree of actors doesn’t end there: Her great-grandparents, Maurice Barrymore and Georgiana Drew, and grandparents John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, were also actors.
3. Credited today as a talented young actress, Barrymore has been as well known for her wild antics off-screen as for her acting ability. Ildiko Jaid, estranged from husband John Barrymore Jr., began taking her daughter to auditions when Barrymore was an infant. The actress appeared in her first television commercial for Puppy Choice dog food before she was 1 year old.
4. She got her first gig when she was still in diapers. Drew’s first job was a Puppy Chow commercial in 1975. She was just 11 months old.
5. She never finished high school.
6. Her godmothers are Sophia Loren and Anna Strasberg.
7. Famous director Steven Spielberg is Barrymore’s godfather.
8. At the age of 19, she got married to a L.A. bar owner after dating for just six weeks. A minister-psychic-private detective – which they found via a 24-hour wedding hotline – presided over the ceremony between Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas. The ceremony was held inside the bar that Thomas worked at.
9. Barrymore made her big screen debut at the age of four in Ken Russell’s Altered States (1980).
10. For her 10th birthday, she danced until 2 a.m. at New York City nightclub Limelight for her 10th birthday. “I was a club-hopper at 10, as much as a 10-year-old can be. I would sleep over at a friend’s house, and we would sneak out.”
11. Unfortunately, the fame and exposure to the adult world was too much for her. Barrymore had her first drink at 9, began smoking pot at 10, and took cocaine at 12.
12. At the age of 7, she landed one of her most famous roles: Playing Gertie, the adorable little sister in E.T.: The Extraterrestrial (1982). The role pushed Barrymore into the spotlight.
13. After working on the movie, she appeared on NBC’s The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and became Saturday Night Live’s youngest host.
14. Perhaps six wasn’t long enough to decide whether he was marriage material, because just two months after getting hitched, she filed for divorce.
15. In 1995, she surprised everyone while appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman, She was telling Letterman about her striptease experience and asked if he wanted to see it. She promptly got up on his table and turned to face him and flashed her breasts at him.
16. Drew rose above it all and got clean and even wrote a successful autobiography in 1990 titled Little Girl Lost. “One day I was a little girl, and the next day I was being mobbed by people who wanted me to sign my autograph or pose for pictures or who just wanted to touch me,” she said in 1989. “I was this 7-year-old who was expected to be going on a mature 29.”
17. In honour of Bill Clinton turning 50, John Kennedy Jr. had Drew pose as Marilyn Monroe on the cover of his magazine, “George”, with the heading, “Happy Birthday, Mr. President”.
18. She was originally offered the lead role in Scream (1996) but chose to play Casey Becker because she thought it would be more fun.
19. At 15-years-old she sought out emancipation from her parents and got it, giving her the same rights as an 18-year-old. She moves to Los Angeles by herself shortly afterwards.
20. Drew proved she was no longer a child actor by starring in more adult-like roles in movies like Poison Ivy, Bad Girls, Boys on the Side, and Everyone Says I Love You.
21. She dated Luke Wilson after the two starred in Best Men and Home Fries. They dated for two years before calling it quits.
22. After starring in movies, she decided to venture offscreen and created her own production company Flower Films in 1997. Its first production was the 1999 Barrymore film Never Been Kissed.
23. Her $3-million Beverly Hills mansion caught fire while she and then-fiance Tom Green were inside sleeping. The couple made it safely out, but the house was ruined.
24. She started dating comedian Tom Green in 1999 and got married two years later. They went to Ireland for their honeymoon.
25. Flower Films has gone on to produce the Barrymore vehicle films Charlie’s Angels, 50 First Dates, and Music and Lyrics, as well as the cult film Donnie Darko.
26. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out and Green filed for divorce. “Drew is a wonderful woman,” Green, 30, said in a statement. “I love her very much. I wish our marriage could have worked out.” The next day, Barrymore issues her own statement: “I love Tom very much. He has always been a great friend and that won’t change.”
27. Barrymore received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on February 3, 2004.
28. Drew Barrymore considers macaroni and cheese a guilty pleasure, calling it her “Achilles heel.”
29. She does volunteer job for Southern California’s Wildlife Waystation.
30. She is 5′ 4″ (1.63 m) tall.
31. She is the godmother of the late Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love’s daughter, Frances Bean.
32. Her favorite poet is e.e. cummings.
33. One of her hobbies is photography.
34. She is allergic to garlic, bee stings, perfume and coffee.
35. In 2012, she married Will Kopelman and had her first child, Olive, later that year. A little over a year after the birth of daughter Olive, Barrymore announces she and husband Kopelman are expecting their second child – a girl.
36. Barrymore donated $1 million to the World Food Program to help children in Africa.