Read them here: 1. She has three siblings: Felicity, Sebastian and Suzanna.
2. Her mother Janice is a school teacher and former actress and her father Oliver Simon Peter Blunt is a Barrister.
3. She was nominated for BAFTA and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress based on her performance in “The Devil Wears Prada.”
4. She was born as Emily Olivia Leah Blunt on February 23, 1983 in London, England.
5. In November 2008, Blunt started dating American actor John Krasinski. The couple got engaged in August 2009 and married on 10 July 2010 in Como, Italy.
6. The Entertainment Weekly named her the “Best Female Scene Stealer” for her performance in “The Devil Wears Prada.” According to her she was told to lose weight for the role in the movie. Both she and Anne Hathaway would stay hungry on the set as they were kept under strict diet.
7. At the early age of 16 she was offered a record deal by producer, who spotted her in a musical bliss at the Edinburg Festival.
8. She overcame stuttering at an early age of 12 with acting and adopting new accents. She gives the credit to one of the school teacher.
9. She later was included in the board of director for American Institute for Stuttering.
10. Impressed by her performance in “The Summer of Love” she was asked to audition for “Irresistible” in 2006 by Susan Sarandon.
11. She was named best “Newcomer” for her performance in the play “The Royal Family” in Sir Peter Hall’s production.
12. She presented an award for Best Costume Design with her best friend and co-star Anne Hathaway at the 79th Academy Awards.
13. At the age of 16 she attended Hurtwood House a private college known for performing arts program.
14. She gave a breakthrough performance in 2006 movie “The Devil Wears Prada” alongside Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway.
15. She was the first choice for Director Jon Favreau to act as Black Widow in Iron Man 2. But due to scheduling conflict with “Gulliver’s Travel” the role went to Scarlett Johansson.
16. In 2002 she played as Eugenie in “Vincent in Brixton” and as Juliet in “Romeo and Juliet” at Chichester Festival Theatre.
17. Blunt and Krasinski have a daughter Hazel born on 16 February 2014.
18. In 2004, she played as Tamsin in the movie “My Summer of Love”, a story about deception and lesbian love in English country side.
19. She gave her voice to the character Matilda Mouseling, who was Angelina’s mother in the TV Series “Angelina Ballerina: The next Step.”
20. She was nominated for DFWFCA award and British Independent Film award for Best Actress in the movie “The Young Victoria.” In the same year she won the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year.
21. In 2003 she made her screen debut in “Boudica” a British drama. It was about a warrior Queen who fought the Romans. In the same year she performed as 16th century queen Catherine Howard in British drama Henry VIII. She got rave reviews and praise for her performance.
22. She played as Queen Victoria in “The Young Victoria” in 2009.
23. In 2010 Critics Choice Awards she was nominated for Best Actress for her role in “The Young Victoria.”
24. She along with Natalie Press shared Evening Standard British Film Award for promising Newcomer.
25. She played as a dancer in the movie “The Adjustment Bureau” alongside Matt Damon.
26. In the year 2005, Blunt met Canadian singer Michael Bublé, while backstage at the Australian television Logie Awards in Melbourne. She had a romantic relationship with him for three years. The duo even shared a home in Vancouver, Canada, before their break up in 2008.
27. She was pregnant when the crew assembled again for some extra shots after important photography was over. She was 3 months pregnant and Tom Cruise was the first to know, apart form he husband and a close friend.
28. She won Golden Globe award for her performance in “Gideon’s Daughter.” She played as a troubled only child of labor spin doctor Gideon Warner.
29. Tom Cruise was the one who introduced her to the producers for the role of Rita. He was impressed with her acting and expressed his desire to work with her for a long time.
30. She won 20th Critics Choice Movie Award for “Best Actress in an Action Movie” in Edge of Tomorrow in 2015.
31. In 2014 she starred alongside Tom Cruise in “Edge of Tomorrow.” It was the film adaptation of Japanese novel “All You Need is Kill.” She almost killed Tom Cruise during the shoot for a car chase scene where she missed her mark and collided with a tree. Cruise was in the back seat and no one was hurt. Later on both of them laughed it out. The metal suit that she wears in the movie weighed 85 pounds. Once she realized that she would be performing action scenes wearing the suit for five months, she started to cry.
32. In 2012, she starred in the movie “Five Year Engagement” with Jason Segel. Previously she acted with Segel in Gulliver’s Travel and Muppets.
33. She won Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actress” in the movie “The Adjustment Bureau” in 2012.
34. In January 2011, she started filming in a science fiction film “Looper” alongside Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon Levitt. It was released in year 2012.
35. She was offered the female lead role in the movie “Captain America: The first Avenger”, but turned it down.