You can read them in the list below!
1. Benedict Cumberbatch was born on 19 July 1976 and is the Son of famous TV actor Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton.
2. He almost didn’t become an actor
At the urging of his parents, a young Benedict originally planned to become a lawyer. Before studying Drama at Manchester University, he also spent a gap year teaching English in a Tibetan monastary.
3. He ate 4,000 calories per day to prepare for his part in Star Trek: Into the Darkness.
4. He thinks his name sounds like a fart in a bath.
5. He was once held at gun point and kidnapped in South Africa. After being tied up, thrown in a car boot and driven to the middle of nowhere, he was released with no explanation for what had happened.
6. At school, he painted oil canvases in his downtime.
7. He lives in Hampstead, North London.
8. He agreed to sign up for Star Trek Into Darkness before he’d even been told who he’d be playing and discovered his role a week after he’d been cast.
9. His favorite director is Stanley Kubrick.
10. Even when he’s drunk, he’s still a gent. Well, that’s according to Ed Sheeran who spent a night drinking with him.
11. Benedict admitted that if he could play anyone in a film, it would be Elvis.
12. He isn’t a fan of the term ‘Cumberbitches,’ which is what his fans call themselves. He said it ‘sets feminism back so many notches,’ and would prefer the name ‘Cumberpeople’.
13. He says it would be great to play a “normal guy” in a “normal comedy”.
14. Cumberbatch is, somewhat surprisingly, a fan of extreme sports. In his spare time, he’s taken part in skydiving, hot-air ballooning, skiing, high-speed motorcycling and scuba diving.
15. He was nearly killed in South Africa when he was carjacked.
16. He thinks he is weird-looking. In an interview he joked: “If you put me in a room with Brad and George and all of them, you do kind of go, ‘Lovely, yes. Handsome, yes. Oh, strange-looking guy.'”
17. He lives by the rule, ”Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, ‘I’m possible’.”
18. He’s appeared on Sesame Street.
19. He can do a mean impression of Alan Rickman.
20. He voiced Alan Rickman (as Professor Snape,) in an episode of The Simpsons in 2013.
21. He’s also done voiceover work for Jaguar, Sony and Google+ adverts.
22. On relationships, he thinks a woman who is intelligent is sexy. “A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humor is important.”
23. He learned how to play the violin in a week.
24. Benedict almost turned down the role of Sherlock Holmes, worrying that the remake would be ”cheap and cheesy”.
25. Benedict dyed his hair for his role in Sherlock and Star Trek, but his hair is actually naturally auburn.
26. Like David Bowie, Cumberbatch has a condition called heterochromia, a mutation which means there’s a difference in coloration in his eyes. Specifically, the irises have a varying combination of blue, green, and gold.
27. He’s not exactly the biggest fan of the paparazzi. In fact, he once stepped out of his home holding up a sign to them reading: ”Go photograph Egypt and show the world something important”.
28. His favourite comfort movie is Ghostbusters.
29. He’s also an audiobook reader, voicing among other things, Shakespeare works and Sherlock Holmes.
30. He can do a fantastic impression of Chewbacca.