Read them here!
1. Jennifer Garner was born on April 17, 1972 in Houston, Texas.
2. She attended Denison University where she began studying chemistry.
3. Growing up, she dreamt of becoming either a teacher or an author.
4. Jennifer Garner attended George Washington High School in Charleston and graduated in 1990.
5. Garner grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Her mother is Pat, a retired English teacher, and her father, Bill, a former chemical engineer.
6. She was nominated multiple times for both Emmys and Golden Globes for her performance as Sidney Bristow and won a 2002 Best Actress Golden Globe.
7. Jennifer Garner’s real break came with the lead role in Alias , an action/thriller/drama/mystery TV series J.J. Abrams created before Lost. The show was a hit and went on for 5 years (2001-2006). During the show, she learnt martial arts and taekwondo. While she performed many of the action sequences during the series herself, the dangerous explosions and complex fights were handled by her stunt double, Shauna Duggins.
8. Garner played the saxaphone in her high school band.
9. Her first major break was as the “best friend” of Keri Russell in the TV series Felicity.
10. Garner is a member of Pi Beta Phi national sorority.
11. One of her favorite things to do as a child was to dance. She was so good at it that she devoted nine years to studying ballet.
12. She met her first husband Scott Foley on set and they got married in 2000. That same year, Garner starred in her first movie as Ashton Kutcher’s girlfriend in Dude, Where’s My Car?
13. Jennifer made her directorial debut in 2005 with the Alias episode “In Dreams.”
14. In 2001, Jennifer Garner appeared as the supporting character of a nurse in the big-budget epic Pearl Harbor, which ironically starred her future husband Ben Affleck.
15. In the summer of 2003 Jennifer recorded a recruitment video for the Central Intelligence Agency.
16. Jennifer Garner filed for divorce in May 2003, citing irreconcilable differences, and the two were officially divorced on March 30, 2004. Following her separation, Garner dated her Alias co-star Michael Vartan from August 2003 to March 2004.
17. At the end of January 2009, Jennifer and her older sister, Melissa, both had their ears pierced during a visit to a medical center in Santa Monica, California. Although this was the third time Jennifer had pierced her ears, it was the first time that Melissa had pierced hers.
18. She is 5′ 8″ (1.73 m) tall.
19. After the initial success of Alias, Garner made a big screen cameo in the Steven Spielberg film Catch Me if You Can in 2002; Spielberg had seen her on the show and wanted her to play that small role.
20. To prepare for her role in 13 Going on 30 in 2004, Jennifer had a sleep-over party with 13-year-olds.
21. In 2002, Garner topped the Maxim Hot 100 list. However, she was not yet considered a big screen actress until her role as Elektra Natchios in the action movie Daredevil (2003), which was an adaptation of the comic book. While on set, she was involved in a potentially serious accident on the set of Daredevil when, entangled in wires with her arms stuck and unable to move while doing a flip, she came crashing towards a wall “head-first with such velocity, that [she] was about to smash [her] head into the wall”. During an interview, she said “out of nowhere comes this 6 ft. 4 in. red devil (Ben Affleck) who just kind of put his arms out and shouts: ‘I’ve got her!’ I’m telling you, it was like, ‘I’ve got my own superhero.'”
22. Garner’s salary for the show began at $40,000 an episode and rose to $150,000 per episode by the series’ end.
23. For several weeks while filming Daredevil, Jennifer worked seven day weeks, spending Monday to Friday in Los Angeles filming Alias, and then flying to New York at weekends to shoot her scenes for Daredevil.
24. Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck fell in love on set and made their first public appearance together at the Boston Red Sox’s opening World Series games in October 2004. Ben is from Boston and is a huge baseball fan.
25. On her 33rd birthday, Ben Affleck proposed to her with a 4.5 carats (900 mg) diamond ring from Harry Winston. The happy couple got married on June 29, 2005 in a private ceremony in the Caribbean which was officiated by family friend and Garner’s Alias co-star, Victor Garber. Jennifer was four months pregnant at the time.
26. At their wedding, she wore a dress by Vera Wang and Ben Affleck wore Hugo Boss.
27. Ben and Jennifer have three children: daughters Violet Anne Affleck (born December 1, 2005) and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck (born January 6, 2009), and son Samuel Garner Affleck (born February 27, 2012).
28. People named her one of 2012 Most Beautiful at Every Age.
29. In addition to her daily workouts, Jennifer is a strict believer in a nutrition plan that recommends eating every three hours. The meals, which Jennifer usually makes herself, include small servings of proteins and high-quality carbs.
30. Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck announced that they are getting a divorce on June, 2015.