You can read them in the list below!
1. Before she signed for the Victoria’s Secret, she was considering quitting modeling career and go back to South Africa.
2. She moved to New York, after 2 years of modeling in Paris, Milan, London and South Africa, where she was discovered by Victoria’s Secret.
3. She ranked #1 in the Maxim’s list of “Hot 100” in the year 2014.
4. Her first ramp walk was Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2006 fashion show for Tommy Hilfiger, and Dolce & Gabbana.
5. She believes the career of modeling is “an incredible blessing for someone with such a sheltered upbringing.
6. At the age of 15, she caught the eyes of Kevin Ellise, model scout in a Durban flea market. It was reportedly a long time before the agency was convinced in signing her.
7. She did her schooling in an all-girls boarding St. Anne’s College. She once said that what she had in childhood was so perfect that she couldn’t find the right words to describe it.
8. Within a period of a year, she had more major designers signing her on more and more modeling contracts, from all over the Europe.
9. Candice Susan Swanepoel was born on 20 October 1988 in a village of Mooi River, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa.
10. Her first magazine cover was the Italian edition for Vogue, when she was just 16. Later, she graced the covers of other Vogue editions including Australian, Brazilian, Mexican, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese.
11. It is reported that her mother even calls her by the name of Lucie.
12. Her parents father Willem Swanepoel and mother Eileen Swanepoel, an aerobics teacher are of Dutch descent. Her brother Stephen Swanepoel is a professional golfer.
13. During her childhood, she never thought she would be a model, as she feels she was very skinny and braces.
14. She grew up learning ballet and was convinced that she would become a professional ballet dancer. She even wanted to go to a ballet school in New York.
15. She is the first South-African model to walk the runway in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
16. Actresses Minka McConaughey and Mila McConaughey are her cousins.
17. She recently welcomed three more puppies to her family – Milo, Bolt and Baby.
18. She was raised in a dairy and beef farm, and calls herself a natural girl.
19. Swanepoel has a pet Jack Russell terrier, Luna and according to her, the best thing to do after a hard day at work is to cuddle up with Luna.
20. Her mom gave her the nickname of “Moosie,” at her young age, and even now calls her by the name.
21. She ranked #10 in the Forbes list of “The World’s Top-Earning Models, with estimated earnings of $3 million for the year 2010-2011.
22. She has walked the runway for Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce and Gabbana, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, Giambattista Valli, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Rag & Bone, Oscar de la Renta, and many other brands.
23. Candice was chosen for million dollar bra. It wаs іn 2010 whеn shе officially bесаmе оf Victoria’s Secret angels. Ѕhе wаs оnе оf thе luckiest іn thе eyes оf mаnу, еsресіаllу whеn Candice wаs chosen tо wear thе $10 mіllіоn dollar bra іn Victoria’s Secret Fashion Ѕhоw 2013.
24. Unlike the other models, who follow a strict diet plan, Swanepoel claims that she eats whatever she wants. “Food-wise, I’m very, very lucky that I can eat whatever I want. For me, I’ve always had a healthy lifestyle. If I eat something that’s not fresh, I feel it immediately, so I crave good food. I crave meat. I grew up on a dairy and beef farm, so I crave that. I don’t cut anything out, and I just work out more,” she once said.
25. Candice wаs discovered іn а flea market іn South Africa аt 15.
26. Candice’s favorite color іs а “dusty rose” а la Stella McCartney.
27. Аt thе еnd оf а hard day’s work, hеr favorite thing tо dо іs snuggle uр wіth hеr dog, Luna.
28. She admitted thаt shе оnlу hаvе а bike tо gеt аrоund іn sоmе places nеаr hеr. Іf nоt thе bike, shе wоuld definitely rely оn taxis.
29. She was the one to open the first Victoria’s Secret retail shop in Canada, at West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton on August 12, 2010.
30. She believes boxing to be the best full-body workout for her to burn excess calories. “Boxing has always worked really well for me as a full-body workout. I like something that’s fast; you really feel like you’re getting the energy up,” she said once in an interview.