You can read them in the following list: 1. Redmayne is one of five kids, but is the only member of his family to pursue an acting career. Nevertheless, his parents encouraged Redmayne to take drama lessons beginning at a young age.
2. Eddie Redmayne was born January 6, 1982 in London, England to Patricia Burke and Richard Redmayne.
3. His big-screen debut was in 2006’s “Like Minds.”
4. Eddie Redmayne was born January 6, 1982 in London, England to Patricia Burke and Richard Redmayne.
5. Redmayne’s breakout role, however, was in 2012’s “Les Misérables” as Marius.
6. One of his first roles was in the miniseries “Elizabeth I” (2005), where Redmayne had to ride a horse. The issue? Redmayne hadn’t ridden a horse since he was four years old and lied in order to land the part. The young actor was ultimately ousted after blowing the big production scene. Oscar-winning director Tom Hooper reportedly grabbed his megaphone and shouted, “You’re a f**king liar, Redmayne!”
7. Aside from theater and film, Redmayne has also modeled for Burberry. He modeled alongside Alex Pettyfer in 2008 and Cara Delevingne in 2012.
8. In 2003, he graduated from Trinity College, Cambridge with a degree in Art History. After finishing school, Redmayne’s career took off almost immediately.
9. His great-grandfather was Sir Richard Redmayne, a noted British civil and mining engineer. He was also instrumental in the improvement of mine safety and even became the first Chief Inspector of Mines.
10. As for his personal life, the actor is engaged to Hannah Bagshawe. They have been together since early 2012. He married Hannah Bagshawe, a public relations executive in the finance industry, on December 15, 2014.
11. The actor earned Outstanding Newcomer and Best Newcomer honors in 2005 for his performance in Edward Albee’s “The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?” A few years later, he upped the ante.
12. Bagshawe often picks out Redmayne’s clothes for him because he is color blind. His favorite color is IKB-International Klein Blue.
13. Before the young actor pursued the craft professionally, he attended the prestigious boarding school, Eton College. Prince William was one of his classmates.
14. He is well known for his performance as Stephen Hawking in “The Theory of Everything,” in the year 2014. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor, the Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and the BAFTA Award, for his performance.
15. While at Eton, Redmayne made his screen debut in the TV series “Animal Ark” in 1998. His next TV gig wasn’t until 2003, on an episode of the BBC series “Doctors.”
16. In 2010, he won the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play for his role in “Red.” He was only 28 years old.
17. He is one of the 17 actors, who have won an Academy Award for playing a real alive person.
18. The role also earned him the Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actor.
19. Redmayne has also found success in Hollywood. “The Theory of Everything” is his thirteenth film credit to date.
20. He has English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
21. He went on to star in BBC mini-series “Tess of the d’Urbervilles,” the miniseries “The Pillars of the Earth,” and the two-part mini-series “Birdsong.”
22. He received the 2010 Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, and the 2010 Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play, for his performance in the play.
23. He was cast as King Richard II in the Michael Grandage’s “Richard II,” at the Donmar Warehouse.
24. He was featured in the annual list of International Best Dressed by Vanity Fair in September 2012.
25. He starred in the 2011 British drama film “My Week with Marilyn,” in the role of a filmmaker Colin Clark.
26. His performance was praised by many critics, including David Rooney from Hollywood Reporter, who called Redmayne’s scenes with Michelle Williams, who played the role of Marilyn Monroe, was captivating.
27. Redmayne was appointed as the ambassador of Into Film, film education charity.
28. For his role as Stephen Hawking in the movie “The Theory of Everything,” he lost about 15 pounds. He trained for around 4 months to learn to control his body, with a dancer. He met with more than 40 ALS patients and even kept a chart tracking the order in which Hawking’s muscles declined.
29. Hawking said in an email to director James Marsh about Redmayne’s performance that in the movie there were certain points when he thought he was watching himself.
30. He was voted #1 in the list of “50 Best Dressed British Men,” by GQ magazine.