Read them here!
1. He was born on December 8, 1978 in Covington, Louisiana.
2. He’s career oriented, and his ambitions began at the age of 10 when he started in the industry as a model. Ian worked on campaigns for Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Versace, Guess, Calvin Klein and Dolce & Gabbana.
3. Ian’s first kiss was in 5th grade at a skating rink.
4. He went to my first Mardi Gras at 3 months old.
5. His last meal would be gumbo.
6. Ian first crossed paths with Vampire Diaries co-creator Kevin Williamson on the short-lived Dawson’s Creek spin off, Young Americans. He played a character named Hamilton Fleming, whose dad was the Dean of an elite summer school in Connecticut.
7. He puts truffle oil on everything he eats.
8. If he weren’t an actor, he’d be a marine biologist.
9. Spaghetti Westerns are his favorite movies.
10. Along with acting and modeling, Ian also owns a gourmet pizza parlor with his siblings called McClain’s Pizzeria in Hailey, Idaho.
11. Fast food freaks him out.
12. He would love to go to Mars.
13. He is a self-described clean freak and has confessed to showering up to three times a day.
14. He can write in cursive with his feet.
15. He found my cat on the Lost set.
16. On December 8, 2010 (on his 32nd birthday), Ian co-founded the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF), which aims to educate and empower people on how they can positively impact the earth and its creatures. Talk about being a kind-hearted guy! Ian basically gives a shit about our planet and just wants others to do the same.
17. On the topic of our earth’s creatures, Ian absolutely LOVES animal. So much so, he actually refers to them as his “kids”.
18. Before Ian portrayed Damon Salvatore on TVD, he was actually on another hit TV-series. Oh yes, I’m talking about Lost. Somerhalder played the character Boone Carlyle while on the show.
19. Before Jamie Dornan got casted as Christian Grey, there was plenty of rumours flying around on who would get the part.—Ian Somerhalder was one of them.
20. His guilty pleasure is Cap’n Crunch.
21. Ian respects female leaders and supports global issues pertaining to women. Moreover, he appreciates ladies of all ages and regions.
22. He starred in the movie Rules of Attraction.
23. He has a very special bromance with Jordan Catalano a.k.a. Jared Leto a.k.a. the new Joker!
24. He loves chocolate – dark, organic, sustainably-made chocolate to be exact!