Read them here!
1. Born on July 19, 1980, in Huntington Woods, Michigan, Kristen Bell was raised in the Detroit suburbs and became interested in acting at an early age.
2. She left the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University in 2001, just a few credits away from graduating, to take her first Broadway role in a musical production of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
3. In 2004, Bell landed her breakout role, the title character on the TV series Veronica Mars. This led to more roles in films.
4. She has a lazy eye. Kristen nicknamed her right eye “Wonky.” She says she inherited it from her mother, who had hers corrected as a child. The starlet said that if she does not get enough sleep, that’s when things get, well, wonky. She has shown the world just how lazy Wonky is a few times on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
5. She would kill for a role in a Batman movie. Back in 2007 Kristen made it known that she would do anything – literally anything – to get the chance to play the Batman villain Harley Quinn. “I would kill to play Harley Quinn,” she told Geek Monthly. “Like I would literally kill. If you were to be like ‘Kill this person,’ I would be like, ‘Who? Where do they live?’ I am serious.” Apparently she’s not the only one who thinks she’d make a killing as the Joker’s girlfriend. Do a quick Google Image search for “Kristen Bell” and “Harley Quinn” and you’ll find a plethora of fan-made movie posters like this one depicting her as the crazed villain.
6. She and her husband got married in a courthouse for $142. They filled out paperwork online, went to a courthouse, and then realized they needed an officiant to make it legal. In an interview with Jay Leno, Bell explained, “Finally, someone piped up — who was actually in the courthouse — and said ‘I can actually marry you, if you want right now.,’” she continued. “And we said, ‘Boom, let’s do it.’ And we got it over with.” The actress’ reasoning behind the low-key nuptials is the fact that as a celebrity, she is already in the limelight every day. Bell told People, “I don’t fault anyone who wants a big day – especially girls. [But] we get more than enough attention in our everyday lives. I also wear more than enough party dresses.”
7. Born on July 19, 1980, in Huntington Woods, Michigan, Kristen Bell was raised in the Detroit suburbs and became interested in acting at an early age.
8. She has also played memorable roles in the films Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pulse, When in Rome and The Lifeguard. In 2012, she began playing Jeannie van der Hooven in Showtime’s House of Lies and in 2013, she voiced Princess Anna in the animated film Frozen.
9. In 2005 she was featured in her birthday suit in Jane magazine and said, “I rarely wear clothes when I’m home by myself. I love making breakfast naked. But you’ve got to make sure the gardener’s not coming that day.”
10. Her first credited film role was in the seminal classic Pootie Tang. Kristen told ugo.com that she loved Pootie Tang director Louis CK. “I only had one line, which got cut,” she said. “But Louis was so nice that he put it into the credits. I still get a lot of people recognizing me.”
11. She played the character Uda Bengt in two episodes of the Starz comedy series Party Down and the character Ingrid de Forest in three episodes of NBC’s Parks and Recreation.
12. In 2002, Bell’s career got a jolt when she was cast in a Broadway production of Arthur Miller’s The Crucible, which starred Laura Linney and Liam Neeson. Soon after, she moved to Los Angeles and immediately landed a guest role on the hard-hitting crime show The Shield as the girlfriend of a gang member.
13. Kristen became a vegetarian at the age of 11. “I have always been an animal lover,” she told PETA. “I had a hard time disassociating the animals I cuddled with—dogs and cats, for example—from the animals on my plate, and I never really cared for the taste of meat. I always loved my Brussels sprouts!” In 2006 she was named the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian in a PETA poll. She has three dogs: Lola, a Welsh corgi-chow chow mix; a Welsh corgi-Chihuahua mix named Shakey and a black Labrador Retriever named Sadie (who she rescued from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina).
14. With her career starting to really roll, Bell soon appeared on NBC’s American Dreams and the WB Network’s Everwood and in TV-movies. In 2004, Bell was in David Mamet’s Spartan and had a recurring role on HBO’s hugely popular drama Deadwood.
15. Over the course of the show’s four seasons, Bell was nominated for several awards and took home the Saturn Award for Best Actress on Television in 2006.
16. She co-starred with Christina Aguilera and Cher in the 2010 movie musical Burlesque.
17. The success of Veronica Mars led Bell to film parts, and a year into the series she reprised her role in Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical in a Showtime adaptation, following that with roles in small films such as Deepwater (2005), Fifty Pills (2006) and Pulse (2006).
18. She married comedy actor Dax Shepard on October 17. 2013.
19. She and Dax had their first daughter, Lincoln, in March 2013 and their second daughter, Delta, in December 2014.
20. In 2006 PETA named Bell the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian and Maxim added her to a plethora of “sexiest” lists as well.
21. While keeping busy with films, Bell managed to find even more television success in 2007 (the year Veronica Mars came to an end) when she took on narration duties on Gossip Girl and joined the hit show Heroes.
22. Since 2010, Bell has appeared in more than a dozen films and on several TV shows, and has lent her voice to the Assassin’s Creed video games. She is also the female lead on the Showtime series House of Lies, which began its run in January 2012.