Read them here!
1. Christine Diane “Chrissy” Teigen was born on November 30, 1985.
2. Her modeling work is extensive! Her campaigns includeGillette Venus, Olay, Nike, Skullcandy headphones, Gap Factory, XOXO, UGG Australia, Rock and Republic, Billabong,Beach Bunny Swimwear (for whom she was also a fashion week correspondent), and Nine West Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.
3. She is represented worldwide by IMG Models in New York.
4. After living in Hawaii, Idaho and Seattle, Washington, the family settled in Huntington Beach, California, when Teigen was a teenager. She was discovered by a photographer while working in a surfshop.
5. She is the daughter of a Thai mother and a Norwegian father which clearly describes her gorgeous and exotic looks.
6. She hosted the 2015 Billboard Music Awards, and has appeared as a color commentator on the show Lip Sync Battle.
7. She hates swimming. Teigen’s been in countless beach shoots over her career, but she can’t stand swimming and sand. “Think it’s stupid,” she tweeted in January. Earlier reports said she was “terrified” of the water, but she said that’s not really the case.
8. Her last meal would be scalloped potatoes. Teigen said her last meal would “definitely my mom’s scalloped potatoes with ham and bacon, which seem impossible to write a recipe for. She just does it. Every time she gives me the recipe, mine doesn’t taste the same. I’m almost sure she is doing it on purpose so her potatoes can never be replaced.”
9. She had her own Cooking Channel segment. Before the big wedding, the Cooking Channel had the bride-to-be host a special called Chrissy Teigen’s Hungry detailing her wedding menu.
10. She’s a huge Seahawks fan.
11. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen have dog babies. Pippa and Puddy.
12. She wore three wedding dresses. She explained: “Every time I went in [to Vera Wang] for a fitting, I couldn’t stop getting one.” She wore one for the ceremony, another for the reception, and yet another for the after-party.
13. She was on ‘Deal or No Deal.’ She was a subsitute model — you know, the girls witht sparkly dresses and numbered suitcases — on the TV gameshow for 2006-2007.
14. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen honeymooned in Portofino. These two took off for Portofino after saying “I do.” And she, of course, modeled her line of Beach Bunny Swimwear on the trip.
15. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen got married exactly seven years after meeting.
16. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen got married at a courthouse in NYC. Before saying “I do” in front of friends and family members in Italy, they had a small, official ceremony in the Big Apple. “We are dumb and didn’t realize that our Italian wedding would not be recognized unless we had a real ceremony in New York City. So Irina Shayk was our witness—the most beautiful woman on earth!” Teigen explained at the time.
17. After John Legend and Chrissy Teigen tied the knot, Legend told Oprah that he had hid the engagement ring in a non-descript box on the way to the airport to go on their trip and security almost looked in the box and blew it. “And Chrissy was standing right next to me and I was, like, oh, my God. I’ve hid it so well this whole time. Now as we’re just about to get to the Maldives she’s going find out I have a ring in this box and it’s going to ruin the surprise and I’ll have to get on my knees in the airport,” he said. “In front of security.” Luckily they didn’t look in the box and the day was saved.
18. Brooklyn Decker helped her land a ‘Sports Illustrated’ job. These gals have been BFFs for years and it was Decker who introduced Teigen to the folks at Sports Illustrated. Teigen was then featured in the Swimsuit Issue starting in 2010 and was named “Rookie of the Year.”
19. After four years of dating, Legend popped the question over the holidays in 2011 while on vacation in the Maldives.
20. She’s a model and a foodie You might think bikini model and food blogger don’t jive, but Teigen makes it work — and not just with leafy greens. Her food blog is called So Delushious and it’s all about carbs and F-bombs. “Personal random ramblings from a girl who loves bacon and can’t be fat,” according to the site.