You can read them in the following list: 1. Transparent is an American comedy-drama television series created by Jill Soloway for Amazon Studios that debuted on February 6, 2014.
2. The story revolves around a Los Angeles family and their lives following the discovery that the person they knew as their father Mort (Jeffrey Tambor) is transgender.
3. Transparent’s first season premiered in full on September 26, 2014, the second season on December 11, 2015. The series has been renewed for a third season.
4. At the 72nd Golden Globe Awards, the show won the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy, while Jeffrey Tambor won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
5. This is the first show produced by Amazon Studios to win a major award and the first show produced by a streaming media service to win a Golden Globe for Best Series.
6. Soloway created the pilot Transparent for Amazon.com, which became available for free streaming and download on February 6, 2014 and was part of Amazon’s second pilot season. She was inspired by her father, who came out as transgender.
7. Tambor had previously portrayed transgender judge Alan Wachtel on the police procedural television show Hill Street Blues in the 1980s.
8. Soloway wrote Hoffmann’s role after seeing her performance on Season 3 of Louis C.K.’s show Louie.
9. Transparent has received acclaim from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, it holds an approval rating of 98% with an average score of 8.8 out of 10 based on 54 reviews.
10. On December 11, 2014, the series was nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the category Best TV Comedy. On January 11, 2015, Transparent won two Golden Globe awards for the first season of the series. Tambor dedicated his win for Best Actor in a Comedy Series to the transgender community, while series creator Soloway dedicated her award to the memory of Leelah Alcorn.
11. Soloway has said that she hopes to use the series to explore ideas of gender identity through a “wounded father being replaced by a blossoming femininity” and that she pictured Tambor as Maura when writing the character.
12. Soloway, the writers, and the cast developed, workshopped, and rehearsed both seasons with consulting producer Joan Scheckel at Joan Scheckel Filmmaking Labs.
13. Gillian Vigman was cast as Tammy and worked on the pilot, but after Amazon picked it up for series was replaced by Melora Hardin.
14. The title is a clever play on words. The word ‘transparent’ refers to Maura’s journey, letting the world see who she really is. Whereas if you break it down to ‘trans’ and ‘parent’, trans is short for transgender, and Maura is a transgender parent.
15. Henry Simmons played Derek the trainer in the pilot episode but was replaced by Cleo Anthony when the show got picked up.
16. Jill Soloway has said that Andrea Arnold’s Fish tank (2009) made her decide to take the leap from writing to also directing. Arnold has since directed several episodes of Transparent.