Read them here!
1. Paul Wesley is not actually the actor’s real name. He was christened Paul Thomas Wasilewski, but he changed his name in 2005 to make it easier for people to pronounce. Being a true gentleman, he asked for his parent’s permission first.
2. He starred in The Vampire Diaries with Ian Somerhalder in 2009.
3. Most notable for playing the brooding vampire Stefan Salvatore in the The Vampire Diaries and Aaron Corbett in the ABC Family miniseries, Fallen.
4. He briefly appeared on a number of TV shows including The O.C., American Dreams, and 24.
5. Wesley was expelled from his first school, the Christian Brothers Academy in New Jersey for being involved in numerous fights. The actor credits getting involved with school theater productions with helping him turn his troubled youth around.
6. He might not believe in vampires, but Paul thinks ghosts are real. He told Girlfriend magazine, “I saw a ghost once. When I was a kid my family was staying in a rental in Rhode Island in Cape Cod. I woke up and saw a woman standing with her arms crossed, starring out the window. I realized she wasn’t with our group, so I called out to her and she turned to me and faded. I was confused and I didn’t realize it was a ghost until later, but by that point I was scared.”
7. In 2010, he won a Young Hollywood Award for Cast To Watch along side Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev for their roles in The Vampire Diaries.
8. Paul Wesley’s best friend is Ben McKenzie of The O.C. and Gotham fame.
9. Although Paul Wesley was born in America, the star has strong Polish roots that he is very proud of. Wesley spent four months of every year in Poland until he was 16-years-old and he also speaks fluent Polish. Many members of Wesley’s family still reside in the Eastern European country, so the actor visits often.
10. He married actress Torrey DeVitto, whom he met on set of Killer Movie, in a private ceremony in New York in 2011. The couple divorced in 2013.
11. Paul Wesley was brought up surrounded by sisters. He is the only boy among his siblings and has two younger sisters and one older.
12. Although Paul Wesley isn’t that into TV, he is clearly a lover of great literature. He has a special soft spot for J.D. Salinger’s classic, ‘The Catcher in the Rye.’
12. Paul Wesley doesn’t just act as a supernatural creature, he believe in them too. The actor once recounted how he saw a ghost when he was a child.
13. Paul Wesley covered up a regrettable teenage tattoo of a skull and crossbones with a beautiful rose.
14. While they are both smoldering vampire hunks, the modest Paul Wesley doesn’t think he would stand a chance alongside his Twilight counterpart, Robert Pattinson. He once said in an interview that: I think any girl would throw me under a bus to be within five feet of Robert Pattinson. I actually think he’s an attractive guy. And I watched most of ‘Twilight,’ and I think he was really intriguing.
15. Paul Wesley has probably featured in more movies than any of his Vampire Diaries contemporaries, even if you might not have heard of a lot of them. Wesley has a soft spot for indie flicks and in the past two years alone he has starred in Before I Disappear and Amira & Me.