You can read them here!
1. After graduating from High School at seventeen, he moved to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue a singing career.
2. From 2011 to 2015, Shelton was married to fellow country singer Miranda Lambert.
3. His mom was more excited than he was when he was named one of the sexiest men alive. “I didn’t really understand what the deal was. So I said some stupid stuff! Then I found out it was a big deal … so I don’t think they know me very well!” Shelton said of the acknowledgment from People magazine. “But my favorite thing about it is that I know my mom, who cuts hair in Ada, Okla., will cut that page out of the magazine and tape it to her mirror and point it out to everybody who comes to the shop.”
4. He was invited to join the Grand Ole Opry via Twitter.
The ‘All About Tonight’ singer was the first person to ever be invited to the Grand Ole Opry via Twitter. The actual tweet read: “@blakeshelton, you’re invited to join the Grand Ole Opry. See you on 10/23/2010!” Shelton, being the active Twitter user he is, promptly responded, “Hmmm… Let me think… OK!!!!!!!!”
5. Blake Shelton is also known for his role as a judge on the televised singing competitions Nashville Star, Clash of the Choirs, and The Voice.
6. ‘The Voice’ coach used to hate reality television shows.
When asked what reality show he would like to appear on (if he ever were to), Shelton responded, “I hate reality shows. But if I had to be on one, I’d have to say ‘Realtree Road Trips’ on the Outdoor Channel.” Well, we’re sure his opinion on reality TV has changed slightly since, considering he is a coach on ‘The Voice’ — definitely a far cry from ‘Realtree Road Trips.’
7. Shelton used to have a pet turkey … named Turkey.
8. A fan once terrified him by giving him an iguana as a gift.
9. He used to be a pageant kid. This is just too good to be true. “My mom entered me into a pageant [when I was 6 or 7 years old]. I still don’t know why and it’s still the worst experience of my life, being in a pageant,” Shelton told CMT. “That has to have been the first one, and I can’t remember because she put me in like two or three in a row there. And I remember singing ‘Cat Scratch Fever’ by Ted Nugent, and ‘Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll’ by Bob Seger — [they] were probably my two signature songs.”
10. His favorite engagement gifts were a flask and a shotgun.
11. In 2007, the singer caught an intruder in his uncle’s house and detained the drunken man himself until police arrived. The man was charged with first-degree burglary and public intoxication. Shelton’s mom jokes that she was bummed the police didn’t ask for his autograph.
12. He believes he has one of the “crappiest tattoos in the world.” Shelton drew his own tattoo, and it’s supposed to be deer tracks, since he loves to hunt. However, people often mistake the tracks for something else… “To this moment, people still come up to me and say, ‘Man, ladybugs … that’s cool. What does that mean to you?'” the singer reveals, hilariously. “I probably have the crappiest tattoo — not only in country music — but maybe the world,” he says. He later had the barbed wire added to make the tattoo “more manly.” Good friend Craig Morgan is particularly quick to make fun of Shelton’s tattoo.
13. Shelton is one of the few country stars who does not live in Nashville. He and Lambert live on a farm in Tishomingo, Okla., with their dogs (sadly, none of them are named “Ol’ Red”) and a menagerie of other animals.
14. His biggest pet peeves: under-dressed people and bare feet.
15. Shelton’s very first single, “Austin,” went all the way to No. 1 and stayed there for a whopping five weeks. As of May 2015, he has a total of 19 No. 1 singles and holds the record for the most consecutive No. 1 songs. Shelton earned his 14th consecutive No. 1 single in March 2015, with “Lonely Tonight.”