Learn here 14 fun unknown facts about the TV series “Veronica Mars”, according to mtv.com!
1. Only two characters were in every episode of “Veronica Mars.”
Veronica and Keith were the only ones in every single episode.
2. Auditions for Logan weren’t all about being a jackass — they got emotional.
3. No one in the cast knew who killed Lilly — and Aaron almost wasn’t the murderer.
The cast didn’t know who murdered Lilly while filming Season 1, but Thomas said he knew it would always be Harry Hamlin’s Aaron Echolls. However, that almost didn’t happen. Hamlin booked a movie in Australia that conflicted with the filming of the Season 1 finale, but thankfully, he turned it down to stick with “Veronica Mars” instead.
4. Veronica could have been like Angelina Jolie.
The pilot’s original script described Veronica Mars much differently than the detective we know and love: “She is not cute. She is sexy. Tough. Prematurely jaded. Angelina Jolie at 17.”
5. Dick wasn’t supposed to stick around past a few episodes.
Thomas said that Ryan Hansen was picked to play Dick because he had “good hair” and looked like a California surfer boy. “He had one word in episode two of ‘Veronica Mars,’ and that the word was: ‘Logan,’” Thomas recalled, but everyone loved him so much that the kept him around and upped Hansen to series regular.
6. LoVe wasn’t always in the air.
“The truth is, we never had any intention at all for Logan to end up with Veronica,” Thomas revealed. “[Dohring] was hired to be the obligatory psychotic jackass. In the writers’ room, sitting around watching dailies, we would all gather around, and it was like, ’We want to watch that. We want to watch those two onscreen together.’”
7. Kristen Bell beat out 100 women to play Veronica.
8. The second-runner-up is very familiar, though.
The second choice for Veronica was Alona Tal, and Thomas created the character of Meg Manning just for her.
9. Jason Dohring originally auditioned for Duncan and Teddy Dunn read for Logan.
Throughout the show, to keep fans from confusing the two characters, the stars were color-coded. Seriously — Duncan always wore blue and Logan always wore earth tones.
10. Heather Graham was considered to play Kendall Casablancas, but she was working on “Emily’s Reasons Why Not.”
Charisma Carpenter was cast instead — and she also happened to be a big fan of the show.
11. Alyson Hannigan was also cast as Trina Echolls over Tara Reid and Denise Richards.
12. Things could have been much more graphic.
The original pilot had Lilly’s body found and dumped in a river by her father, Jake. The scene in which Veronica wakes up after being raped was also longer and more graphic. Both ended up being cut or edited down by the network.
13. Your other favorite show had a big crossover with “Veronica Mars.”
On“Arrested Development,” the only episode in which George-Michael was ever bleeped was in Season 3’s “Family Ties.” He tried to talk about the show to Maeby, and instead, they subtitled “reference to off-network high school private eye drama censored by Fox.” Alia Shawkat and Michael Cera both later guest-starred on “Veronica Mars.”
14. The show cheated death after its first season.
“Veronica Mars” was the lowest-rated show in network history to get renewed for a second season. It was the only drama that survived UPN’s 2004-05 season. A decade later, they got a movie. Miracles do happen, Marshmallows.