1. Zoolander No. 2 is an upcoming 2016 American comedy film directed by Ben Stiller and written by John Hamburg, Justin Theroux, Stiller, and Nick Stoller.
2. It will feature in Cinecittà.
3. Ben Stiller said in an interview that it will take place 10 years since the last one.
4. The film’s three male leads – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell – are all left-handed.
5. The announcement for the movie came from a fashion show where Stiller and Wilson walked down the runway, in character, as Zoolander and Hansel.
6. The first teaser trailer was attached to only screenings of Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.
7. The teaser trailer was narrated by Stephen Hawking.
8. Eddie Murphy has expressed interest in being in Zoolander 2. He has even developed his own pose called “Black Iron”.
9. Released 15 years after the release of the first movie.
10. Justin Theroux was hired to write and direct the sequel. By the following month, Stiller confirmed he would be co-writing the script, stating, “We’re in the process of getting a script written, so it’s in the early stages. But yeah, it’s going to happen.” At some later, unspecified point, Stiller had taken over as director.
11. Principal photography took 97 days.
12. It will also find Derek and Hanzel in Europe.
13. This will be Kristen Wiig’s first of two comedies coming in 2016. The second is the next Ghostbusters (2016).
14. It is the sequel to the 2001 film Zoolander and stars Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, Penélope Cruz, Kristen Wiig, and Fred Armisen and also includes Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, and Mika.
15. Filming took place from April to July of 2015 in Rome, Italy.
16. The film is scheduled to be released on February 12, 2016 by Paramount Pictures.
17. Paramount partnered with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to feature Derek Zoolander on their advertising campaign for the Fiat 500X.
18. The plot of the movie: When the “world’s most beautiful people” are systematically assassinated with formerly famous male model Derek Zoolander’s trademark “Blue Steel” look on their face, Interpol recruits Derek and his friend Hansel McDonald to infiltrate a new and different world of high fashion in order to put a stop to it. Meanwhile, Derek’s rival Jacobim Mugatu is set free and is seeking revenge
19. In December 2008, Stiller confirmed he wanted to make a sequel to Zoolander, saying: “I’ve been trying to get Zoolander 2 together and we’ve had a few scripts. I feel that is the sequel I really would like to do some day because I like the original and I would make sure it was something new and worthy of it first.”
20. Principal photography began on April 7, 2015, and ended on July 13, 2015. The film was shot at Cinecittà studios in Rome, Italy.