Zoë Kravitz is an American actress, singer and model. She is the daughter of musician Lenny Kravitz and actress Lisa Bonet. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her middle name is Isabella
2. She was born on December 1, 1988.
3.Zoë Kravitz was born in Venice, Los Angeles, California at the home of her parents.
4. Both of her parents are of half-black and half-Jewish descent. Her paternal grandmother, actress Roxie Roker, was of black and Bahamian ancestry (and a first cousin twice removed of meteorologist Al Roker), and her maternal grandfather, Allen Bonet, is black. Her paternal grandfather, filmmaker Sy Kravitz, and maternal grandmother, Arlene Litman, were both Jewish. Zoë identifies as a secular Jew.
5. Ηer parents married in 1987 and divorced six years later, in 1993, when she was five.
6. She lived with her mother in Topanga Canyon, and then moved to Miami at age eleven to live with her father, spending summers with her mother.
7.Zoë Kravitz has a younger half-sister, Lola Lolani Momoa, and half-brother, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, from her mother’s remarriage to actor Jason Momoa.
8. Her godfather is movie producer Bruce Cohen, and her godmother is actress and singer Cree Summer.
9.Zoë Kravitz attended Miami Country Day School and then Rudolf Steiner School in Manhattan, New York, where she graduated in 2007.
10.Zoë Kravitz began studying that year at the acting conservatory at the State University of New York at Purchase.
11. She left college after a year and moved to Brooklyn, New York to work in films.
12. She struggled with anorexia and bulimia throughout high school, until around age 24.
13.Zoë Kravitz landed her first film role while in high school, playing a babysitter hired by Catherine Zeta-Jones in the 2007 romance, No Reservations.
14. That same year she played a teenage prostitute in the action thriller The Brave One.
15. She starred in Jay-Z’s music video for the single “I Know” in 2008, and was featured singing in will.i.am’s music video, “We Are The Ones”, in support of U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama.
16. That year Kravitz appeared in the film Birds of America, a dramedy about a dysfunctional family starring Matthew Perry.
17. She co-starred in the independent ensemble drama The Greatest,which premiered at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. Kravitz played a character addicted to grief counseling groups.
18. In 2011, she appeared in a six-episode arc of the Showtime television series Californication, playing Pearl, an uninhibited musician who recruits Becca (cast-member Madeleine Martin) into her all-girl band, Queens of Dogtown.
19. She co-starred as Angel Salvadore, one of the superhuman teen mutants, in X-Men: First Class, based on the Marvel Comics characters the X-Men
20. The film is a prequel to the X-Men film series, and is set in the 1960s during the Cuban missile crisis. Kravitz filmed in London and performed wire work for her role, to simulate her character’s ability to fly.
21. Zoë Kravitz co-starred in Divergent, an adaptation of the young adult novel of the same name. She played Christina, a character in a futuristic society divided into five factions. Shailene Woodley starred in the film, and Neil Burger directed.
22. Kravitz co-starred as the love interest in the comedy-drama Dope, which premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
23. She also co-starred in Mad Max: Fury Road, by Australian filmmaker George Miller. Originally scheduled to begin shooting in Australia in early 2011, production was postponed to 2012, and the film was ultimately released in 2015.
24.Zoë Kravitz has modeled in fashion magazines such as French Jalouse, Venus Zine and Elle.
25. She was named the face of Vera Wang’s Princess fragrance in 2009, appearing on the website and in advertisements for the brand.
26. Kravitz starred in a campaign for fashion designer Alexander Wang in 2010,and represented Vera Wang’s new Preppy Princess fragrance in 2011.
27. In 2013, Kravitz released a jewelry line in collaboration with the Swarovski crystal company. She used ethnic and vintage jewelry, and her birthstone, Turquoise, as inspiration for her designs.
28. She became the face of Brooklyn-based designer Alexis Bittar’s jewelry line in 2015.
29. Kravitz started the band Lolawolf while in Los Angeles filming The Road Within. Made up of members of the band Reputante, Lolawolf released an eponymous EP and debuted at the Mercury Lounge in November 2013.
30. The band was named after Kravitz’ younger siblings, Lola and Nakoa-Wolf.
31. They released their debut album, Calm Down, on October 21, 2014, and supported Lily Allen, Miley Cyrus, and Warpaint on tour in 2014.
32. Kravitz lives in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
33. The song “Flowers for Zoë”, included on her father’s second album Mama Said, was written as a tribute to a then three-year-old Zoë Kravitz.