The House That Jack Built is a new horror movie that came out in movie theatres.
The movie has gotten mixed reviews but we all know that you must watch the movie first and have your own opinion. Because by the end of the day it’s all about personal taste.
These are some facts about the movie:
- The House That Jack Built is a 2018 psychological horror film written and directed by Lars von Trier.
- The story follows Jack, a highly intelligent serial killer, over the course of 12 years and depicts the murders that truly develop Jack as a serial killer.
- Matt Dillon as Jack, Bruno Ganz as Verge, Uma Thurman as Lady 1, Siobhan Fallon Hogan as Lady 2, Riley Keough as Simple, Jeremy Davies as Al, Ed Speleers as Ed. David Bailie as S.P,Yu Ji-tae and Osy Ikhile.
- Von Trier has described the film as celebrating “the idea that life is evil and soulless.”
- The film debuted at the Cannes Film Festival, marking von Trier’s return to the festival after more than six years. It was released on 28 November 2018 in the United States to polarizing reviews from critics.
- Von Trier originally developed the idea as a television series, but in February 2016, he announced that it would be a film.
- The film had its world premiere at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival on 14 May 2018.
- In October 2018, it was reported that the director’s cut, which is the uncensored version that played at Cannes, will play in US theaters for one night on 28 November, followed by an edited R-rated version release in selected theaters and on digital platforms beginning 14 December.
- The film was nominated for Art Cinema Award and Hamburg Producers Award at the 26th Hamburg Film Festival.
- The film won two awards in Canary Islands Fantastic Film Festival – Best Actor for Dillon and Best Screenplay for von Trier.
- The running time of the movie is 155 minutes.
- Víctor Reyes is responsible for the music in the movie.