1. The Divergent Series: Allegiant (also known simply as Allegiant) is an American science fiction adventure film directed by Robert Schwentke with a screenplay by Noah Oppenheim, Adam Cooper, Bill Collage, and Stephen Chbosky.
2. It is the first of two cinematic parts based on the novel Allegiant, the final book in the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth, and the third installment in The Divergent Series, produced by Lucy Fisher, Pouya Shabazian and Douglas Wick, and distributed by Summit Entertainment.
3. The film stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Jeff Daniels, Octavia Spencer, Ray Stevenson, Zoë Kravitz, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q, Bill Skarsgård and Naomi Watts.
4. It is the sequel to The Divergent Series: Insurgent and will be followed by the concluding entry, The Divergent Series: Ascendant.
5. Allegiant is scheduled to be released on March 18, 2016 in 3D, 2D, Digital 3D and IMAX.
6. The plot: After the earth-shattering revelations of The Divergent Series: Insurgent, Tris must escape with Four and go beyond the wall enclosing Chicago. For the first time ever, they will leave the only city and family they have ever known in order to find a peaceful solution for their embroiled city. Once outside, old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless with the revelation of shocking new truths. Tris and Four must quickly decide who they can trust as a ruthless battle ignites beyond the walls of Chicago which threatens all of humanity. In order to survive, Tris will be forced to make impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice.
7. In March 2015, it was confirmed that Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ansel Elgort, Zoë Kravitz, Maggie Q, Naomi Watts, Miles Teller, Keiynan Lonsdale, and Octavia Spencer were all set to reprise their roles from the previous films.
8. On April 28, 2015, it was reported that Jeff Daniels joined the cast as David, the leader of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare. On May 1, 2015, it was announced that Bill Skarsgard had joined the cast as Matthew.
9. In December 2015, it was confirmed that Joseph Trapanese would be returning to compose the score for the film. The first track for the Allegiant soundtrack, “Scars” written by Tove Lo, Jakob Jerlström, Ludvig Söderberg, and performed by Tove Lo was released as a single on February 19, 2016.
10. A teaser trailer was released on September 15, 2015, followed by a full length trailer two months later on November 12, 2015. Another full length trailer was released on January 22nd.
11. The final film in the series, The Divergent Series: Ascendant, will be released on June 9, 2017. It was originally going to be released on March 24, 2017, but in December 2015, Lionsgate placed the upcoming reboot of Power Rangers in Ascendant’s former release date. On February 8, 2016, it was confirmed that Schwentke will not return to direct the final film.
12. Filming was completed on August 22, 2015.
13. This is going to be the first time in the series that the audience will see Four as a child.
14. Instead of being named Allegiant: Parts 1 & 2, the third installment shall be called just Allegiant, focusing on the first half of the book. The fourth film will focus on the second half of the book, but will be called Ascendant instead of Allegiant Part 2. It is common that young-adult-book-series-turned-movie-franchises divide the last installment into 2 parts, like Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hunger Games. This is the first time that the subtitle Part 1 will not be used in a film that is indeed a first part. Therefore, the advertising of this film will most likely make audiences think that Allegiant will not be divided into two parts, and once they see the film it will end with the usual cliffhanger in first parts of final movies, which may create a disappointment among audiences and critics alike who do not know that The Divergent Series: Allegiant should be called The Divergent Series: Allegiant – Part 1.
15. This is the third installment of the Divergent series.
16. We will be seeing Natalie Prior as a young girl in this movie.
17. The movie’s tag line is “Break the boundaries of your world.”
18. “Allegiant” will be split into two parts, making it the fourth movie franchise to do so, along with “Harry Potter”, “The Twilight Saga” and “The Hunger Games”.
19. Tris’s hair was supposed to be chin length in Insurgent, so in Allegiant her hair is true to the book.
20. On September 10, 2015, it was announced that the two-part finale would be re-titled, with Part 1 being renamed as The Divergent Series: Allegiant and Part 2 as The Divergent Series: Ascendant.