Taron Egerton is a Welsh actor.
Let’s see some fun facts about him!
1. Taron David Egerton was born 10 November 1989 in Birkenhead, Merseyside.
2. His parents arefrom nearby Liverpool.
3. His grandmother is Welsh.
4. His first name is a variation of “Taran”, which means “thunder” in the Welsh language.
5. His father and family ran a bed-and-breakfast and his mother works in social services.
6. He spent some of his early childhood on the Wirral Peninsula.
7. He moved with his family to Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, on the Welsh island of Anglesey, where he went to primary school.
8. Egerton moved to Aberystwyth when he was 12.
9. Although he was born in England, Egerton considers himself to be Welsh, speaks with a Welsh accent, and is conversant in the Welsh language.
10. He attended Ysgol Penglais School before he went on to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, where he graduated with a BA (Hons) Acting in 2012.
11. Egerton made his acting debut in 2011 with a small role in two episodes of the ITV series Lewis as Liam Jay.
12. Later, he was added to the main cast of the Sky1 series The Smoke.
13. Egerton played Gary “Eggsy” Unwin, the protégé of Harry Hart (Colin Firth), in Matthew Vaughn’s film Kingsman: The Secret Service and its sequel, Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
14. The first movie’s success launched Egerton into fame and signed him into a three-movie contract with 20th Century Fox.
15. Egerton co-starred in Testament of Youth, based on the life of Vera Brittain, and appeared in the two-part episode “The Ramblin’ Boy” in the seventh series of Lewis as Liam Jay.
16. In 2015, it was announced that Egerton would be starring in a remake of Billionaire Boys Club.
17. He was named one of GQ’s 50 best-dressed British men in 2015 and 2016