Spider-Man is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by writer-editor Stan Lee and writer-artist Steve Ditko. Let’s see some amazing spidey facts!
1. Spider-Man first appeared in the anthology comic book Amazing Fantasy #15 (Aug. 1962) in the Silver Age of Comic Books.
2. Marvel has featured Spider-Man in several comic book series, the first and longest-lasting of which is titled The Amazing Spider-Man.
3. Peter Parker used his scientific know-how to develop his own adhesive web and web-shooters.
4.Spiderman’s webbing only lasts for about an hour before it evaporates into thin air. This concept was explained in the very first annual of ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ from 1964, and expanded upon in many tales afterwards..
5. He is a fan of the Mets! Growing up in Forest Hills, Queens, it would seem only natural that Peter Parker would become a fan of the closest baseball club, the New York Mets.
6. His Parents worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. Richard and Mary met on the job, fell in love, and married. Originally they eloped, later having a more elaborate service, fooling many. Mary became a field agent like Richard, giving them both an easy cover as a married couple
7. Richard and Mary (his parents) even helped Wolverine. Once they were assigned to investigate Baroness Adelicia Von Krupp, who had captured an agent of a “friendly power” (who turned out to be Logan, aka Wolverine, then a Canadian operative called “Agent Ten”). They rescued Logan from the Baroness and Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. After that mission, they discovered Mary was pregnant; Logan was actually the first person to congratulate the Parkers, commenting later that he never saw an agent as tough as Richard Parker go that white that fast
8. Peter’s aunt May was almost married to the Mob. Apparently she had had an affair with a handsome gangster named Johnny Jerome, a fact exposed by 1984’s ‘Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Annual’ #4.
9. Spider-Man’s nemesis is Doctor Octopus. He has even taken control of Spidey’s mind and body!
10. Spider-Man wasn’t only a photographer, he has actually held many other jobs over the years, with steadier pay. While J. Michael Straczynski was wielding the pen, Peter took a job as a high school science teacher. During Dan Slott’s time writing the hero, he got a very prestigious job working as a scientist for Horizon Labs, where it was revealed that he used the job to provide Spider-Man with crime-fighting equipment.
11. He even started his very own company while his body was under the control of Doctor Octopus.
12. He has a clone. Picking up on a plot thread from the ’70s, Spiderman discovered that he wasn’t actually the real Peter Parker. Instead, he was a clone, and the original Peter had been living his life elsewhere as Ben Reilly for the past few years!
13. His blood is radioactive and eventually killed his wife Mary-Jane Watson!
14. Peter graduated high school in 1965 (in ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ #28), the most popular girl in school, Liz Allen, confessed to having a crush on him.
15. His first girlfriend was Betty Brant and appeared at issue seven of his own series “The Amazing Spider-Man”.
16. His greatest enemy, Norman Osborn had a relationship with Gwen Stacy.
17. Spider-man and Gwen Stacy had never had sex.
18. He’s found comfort with plenty of beautiful women! Betty Brant, Liz Allen, Gwen Stacy, and Mary Jane Watson have all been involved with Peter over the years,
19. The Black Cat is someone he was also hooking up with on a casual basis until recently.
20. He had his one Iron Man Suit. Tony Stark made him the “Stark Spider Uniform”, which was hand built, and featured three spider legs that would pop out of the uniform when needed. It was faster, stronger and more stylish than the original. The suit was used during the Civil War period in which Spider-Man had to choose between siding with Iron Man or Captain America.
21. Another Civil War fact involves Spider-Man’s secret identity. During the series, Peter Parker actually revealed himself to the world and removed his mask on live television. This major event served as the centerpiece of the story and made a major impact on the world. Luckily, Doctor Strange was able to tamper with people’s mind so they would forget that Parker had revealed himself!
22. He was actually mutated into a giant spider when he was kissed by the villainess known as the Queen.
23. In the 2010s, he joins the Avengers, Marvel’s flagship superhero team.
24. In recent comic books, he also worked alongside the X-Men.
25. In his debut comic, he tried to join the Fantastic Four, and he succeeded years later as part of a “New Fantastic Four” that included Wolverine, Ghost Rider and the Incredible Hulk.
26. He temporarily joined a crew called the Outlaws that consisted of Sandman, Puma, Prowler and Rocket Racer.
27. He was a Tv Star. Neither of the movies focused on this, but after defeating Crusher Creel in a wrestling bout, Spider-Man actually became a TV star! He created a flashy new costume (unlike the homemade version he’d wrestled in) and then began doing stunts on late night TV shows and specials.
28. On one occasion, Spider-man stopped an alien from tricking an entire generation into having unprotected sex.
29. Peter Parker was also four other superheroes. After being framed for the murder of Norman Osborn, he was unable to continue wearing the classic Spider-Man costume. So, he came up with four different personas that allowed him to search for clues and find out who framed him: Ricochet, Dusk, Hornet and Prodigy.
30. Spider-Man was rebooted. After Peter Parker’s death, a young boy named Miles Morales is bit by a radioactive spider and receives the same powers as Spider-Man. Before, he was a criminal, so he decided to change his stripes and fight crime instead. After training with Spider-Woman and Scorpion, Morales takes up the mantle as the next Spider-Man. His version of the Spider-Man has gone on to be very popular and many fans consider him superior over Peter Parker!
31. Actually Spider-man has died more than once. Last time he returned after two issues.
32. Spider-Man is one of the most popular and commercially successful superheroes
33. In films, Spider-Man has been portrayed by actors Tobey Maguire (2002–2007) and Andrew Garfield (2012–2014). Tom Holland will portray him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, beginning with Captain America: Civil War in 2016.. Reeve Carney starred as Spider-Man in the 2010 Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.