Sienna Miller is a British-American actress, model, and fashion designer.
Let’s see some fun facts about the actress!
1. Sienna Rose Diana Miller was born 28 December 1981 in New York City, United States.
2. Miller moved to London with her family when she was just over a year old. Her mother, Josephine, is a South African-born English former model.
3. Her father, Edwin Miller, is an American banker turned dealer of Chinese art.
4. Miller has a sister, Savannah, and two half-brothers, Charles and Stephen, as well as a step brother, Tanner.
5. Miller attended Heathfield School, a boarding school in Ascot, Berkshire, and later studied for a year at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City.
6. She carries a British passport.
7. In 2008, she was nominated for the BAFTA Rising Star Award, while for her role as Tippi Hedren in the 2012 TV film The Girl, she was nominated for a BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
8. Her film roles include the crime thriller Layer Cake (2004), the comedy Alfie (2004), the biopic Factory Girl (2006), the drama The Edge of Love (2008) and the military science fiction action film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009).
9. In 2014, she starred in two biographical dramas, Foxcatcher (2014), playing Nancy Schultz, and American Sniper (2014), portraying Taya Renae Kyle.
10. Miller’s relationship with Alfie co-star Jude Law was scrutinised by the tabloid press. On Christmas Day 2004, they became engaged.
11. On 8 July 2005, Law issued a public apology to Miller for having an affair with the nanny of his children.
12. After attempting to salvage their relationship, Miller and Law separated in November 2006.
13. In 2008, Miller had a highly publicized affair with married actor Balthazar Getty.
14. Miller later sued two British tabloids over the publication of photos showing her and Getty together.
15. In December 2009, it was reported that Law and Miller had rekindled their relationship after starring in separate shows on Broadway in late 2009.
16. They spent Christmas 2009 in Barbados, along with three of Law’s children.
17. They announced they had split again in February 2011.
18. From 2011 to 2015, Miller dated actor Tom Sturridge, with whom she has a daughter, Marlowe Ottoline Layng Sturridge (b. 7 July 2012).
19. Following a High Court hearing in May 2011, Sienna Miller was awarded £100,000 in damages from News of the World after the newspaper admitted hacking into her phone.
20. Later, as a core participant, she gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November 2011, including the following:
21. I would often find myself almost daily, I was 21, at midnight running down a dark street on my own with 10 big men chasing me. The fact that they had cameras in their hands meant that was legal.
22. But if you take away the cameras, what have you got? You’ve got a pack of men chasing a woman, and obviously that’s a very intimidating situation to be in.