Sharon Tate was an American actress and model. During the 1960s, she played small television roles before appearing in films and was regularly featured in fashion magazines as a model and cover girl. The murder of Sharon Tate goes down in history as one of the most violent and disturbing acts in American history. At the time of her untimely death, she was one of the world’s most beautiful women, a successful actress, and an expecting mother. She left a great legacy behind and with these facts about her great life we honor her and her beauty. Be sure to check out the following facts!
1. Her full name was Sharon Marie Tate Polanski.
2. She was born on January 24, 1943 in Dallas,Texas.
3. She was 26 years old when she was brutally murdered by “The Manson Family”.
4. She made her film debut in 1966 with the occult-themed Eye of the Devil.
5. Her family moved around often as her father was a colonel in the U.S. Military. She graduated from high school in Italy and was named Prom Queen.
6. On January 20, 1968, Tate married Roman Polanski, her director and co-star in 1967’s The Fearless Vampire Killers.
7. On August 9, 1969, Tate and four others were murdered by members of the Manson Family in the home she shared with Polanski.
8. At the time of her death, she was eight-and-a-half months pregnant with the couple’s son.
9. Her character in Don’t Make Waves was the inspiration behind Malibu Barbie.
10. She also was an avid user of a bath product called Milk & Pearls, which her sister, Debra Tate, has her last bottle of.
11. Though she was one of the great beauties of her era, Sharon rarely wore makeup on her own time. One of her favorite products was simple Vaseline.
12. Sharon won Miss Tiny Tot of Dallas at four months of age. Her mother, Doris, entered her pretty baby on a whim. Later, she won several beauty queen titles.
13. Sharon’s dream was to be an American Catherine Deneuve. “She plays beautiful, sensitive, deep parts with a little bit of intelligence behind them,” she said.
14. One of Sharon’s favorite places to escape to was Big Sur.
15. She loved wearing clothing from designers Dior, Pucci, and Thea Porter.
16. She learned haircutting basics from ex-boyfriend Jay Sebring, Hollywood’s famed men’s hairstylist. Ultimately, Sebring was murdered along with Sharon by the Mason family.
17. Sharon didn’t like to wear rings because she bit her nails. Her favorite piece of jewelry was a Cartier watch.
18. Sharon was a secret smoker. Polanski didn’t like the habit so she tried to hide it.
19. Elizabeth Taylor once had Sharon removed from the set of one of her movies because Taylor was afraid Tate’s beauty would outshine hers. Taylor never denied these claims.
20. Pregnant actress Sharon Tate was not only stabbed 16 times, but was hanged by the neck from a ceiling beam.