Robert Pattinson is an English actor, producer, model, and musician.
Let’s find out some intriguing facts about him!
1. Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson was born 13 May 1986 in London.
2. His father, Richard, imported vintage cars from the United States, and his mother, Clare (née Charlton), worked for a modelling agency.
3. Pattinson has two elder sisters, Victoria and singer Elizabeth “Lizzy” Pattinson.
4. Growing up in Barnes, London, he attended Tower House School until he was 12, and then The Harrodian School.
5. He became involved in amateur theatre at the Barnes Theatre Company.
6. He auditioned and was cast in a small role in Guys and Dolls.
7. He next auditioned for Thornton Wilder’s Our Town, and was cast as George Gibbs.
8. He also appeared in Anything Goes and Macbeth.
9. He caught the attention of an acting agent in a production of Tess of the d’Urbervilles and began looking for professional roles.
10. Pattinson had supporting roles in the German made-for-television film Ring of the Nibelungs in 2004 and in director Mira Nair’s costume drama Vanity Fair, although his scenes in the latter were deleted and only appear on the DVD version.
11. In May 2005, he was scheduled to appear in the UK premiere of The Woman Before at the Royal Court Theatre, but was fired shortly before the opening night and was replaced by Tom Riley.
12. Later that year he played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. For this role he was named that year’s “British Star of Tomorrow” by The Times and had more than once been hailed as “the next Jude Law”.
13. In 2006, Pattinson appeared in The Haunted Airman a psychological thriller, aired on BBC Four on 31 October, and he earned favourable reviews.
14. The Stage praised his performance by saying that “(he) played the airman of the title with a perfect combination of youthful terror and world weary cynicism.”
15. On 19 February 2007, he appeared in a supporting role in a one-off television drama based on the best-selling novel by Kate Long, The Bad Mother’s Handbook.
16. He later got the leading role of vampire Edward Cullen in the film adaptations of the Twilight novels by Stephenie Meyer, which consisted of five films between 2008 and 2012 that combined grossed over $3.3 billion in worldwide receipts.
17. In 2009, he portrayed Salvador Dalí in Little Ashes.
18. That same year, a documentary film, Robsessed, about the actor’s fame and popularity, was released.
19. He appeared as a troubled young man in Remember Me (2010) and also starred in a romantic drama, Water for Elephants (2011).
20. His performance as a tough, cold-hearted and calculating billionaire in David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis (2012), earned him critical praise.
21. He gained further critical appreciation for his performances in David Michod’s futuristic western The Rover (2014), in Cronenberg’s satire drama Maps to the Stars (2014), and in James Gray’s The Lost City of Z (2017), in which he plays the aide-de-camp to an explorer who disappeared in the Amazon while looking for an ancient city.
22. Pattinson started his career as a model at the age of 12. In 2013 Dior Homme signed him as the face of their Fragrances.
23. In 2016, he also became the first brand ambassador of their Menswear collection.
24. Pattinson composes and plays his own music. He has sang songs for Twilight film series and the 2008 independent comedy-drama film How to Be. He is a supporter of End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography, and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes (ECPAT), Parents and Abducted Children Together (PACT), and the GO Campaign, a nonprofit organization that raises awareness and funds to help orphans and vulnerable children throughout the world. He became ambassador of the latter in 2015 to help raise international awareness of it.
25. He is also a member of International Medical Corps and has promoted and shared details about cancer through PSAs to raise awareness about the disease.
26. In 2008, Pattinson became romantically linked to co-star Kristen Stewart.
27. For a long time, the two did not explicitly confirm a relationship, but paparazzi photographs and eyewitness accounts drove intense media and fan speculation and attention.
28. Stewart officially acknowledged her relationship with Pattinson for the first time in July, 2012, when Us Weekly published photos of Stewart showing affection with her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders, with what the Huffington Post called an “affair”.
29. The day that the photos were released, Stewart issued a public apology to Pattinson at People Magazine, saying, “I’m deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I’ve caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I’m so sorry.”
30. After dodging the question repeatedly, Pattinson confirmed in an interview with Esquire UK in July 2014 that he and Stewart had split in 2012.[There had been prior speculation that the couple broke up in May 2013, when Pattinson was seen removing personal items from Stewart’s home.
31. In September 2014, Pattinson started dating singer FKA Twigs. As of April 2015, they are engaged.