Peter Dinklage is an American actor, best known of his role at Game of Thrones as Tyrion Lannister. Let’s see some interesting facts and trivia about him!
1.Peter Dinklage was born in Morristown, New Jersey.
2. He was born with achondroplasia, a common form of dwarfism.
3. Peter Dinklage learned early on that he had a form of dwarfism, achondroplasia, which affects bone growth. As a result, he is 4 ft 5 in (1.35 m) tall, with a typical-sized head and torso but short limbs. While Dinklage has come to accept his condition, he found it challenging sometimes while growing up.
4. In 2003, he said: “When I was younger, I definitely let it get to me. As an adolescent, I was bitter and angry, and I definitely put up these walls. But the older you get, you realize you just have to have a sense of humor. You just know that it’s not your problem. It’s theirs.
5. When asked in 2012 whether he saw himself as “a spokesman for the rights of little people,” Dinklage responded: “I don’t know what I would say. Everyone’s different. Every person my size has a different life, a different history. Different ways of dealing with it. Just because I’m seemingly okay with it, I can’t preach how to be okay with it. I don’t think I still am okay with it. There are days when I’m not.
6. When he was a kid, he and his brother would put on puppet musicals for the whole neighborhood. They did a puppet version of the Who album, Quadrophenia, and made drum kits out of tuna cans.
7. To survive high school at 13-years-old, he believed he was William Burroughs and had an ego to match.
8. Peter Dinklage is of German, English, and Irish descent.
9. Before he made it as an actor, Dinklage used to play in a self-described “punk-funk-rap band” called Whizzy. They even played legendary New York club CBGB’s, and Dinklage still bears the scar that runs from his neck up to his eyebrows from a particularly energetic performance.
10. Peter Dinklage and writer-director Sacha Gervasi have spent years writing and producing a film called My Dinner with Hervé, which is about the final days of French actor Hervé Villechaize (known for playing the evil henchman Nick Nack in the 1974 James Bond movie The Man with the Golden Gun). Hervé killed himself not too long after an interview he had with Gervasi in 1993.
11. Peter Dinklage got his first taste of theatrical success in a fifth grade production of The Velveteen Rabbit. Playing the lead, he was delighted by the audience’s response to the show. “When you get your first solo bow, that feels pretty good,” he explained to People.
12. He from Delbarton School, a Catholic prep school for boys, in 1987 where he continued to develop his acting as part of the school’s drama club.
13. He then attended Bennington College where he appeared in numerous productions before graduating in 1991.
14. Peter Dinklage made his film debut in Living in Oblivion (1995) as a frustrated actor with dwarfism who complains about his clichéd roles.
15. His breakout role was in the 2003 film The Station Agent, for which he received Independent Spirit and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations for Best Actor.
16. In 2005, Peter Dinklage married Erica Schmidt, a theatre director. They have a daughter together.
17. The family lives in Manhattan.
18. Peter Dinklage has been a vegetarian since the age of 16.
19. He supports Farm Sanctuary and has served as the spokesperson for the organization’s Walk for Farm Animals.
20. George R.R. Martin knew he wanted Dinklage to play Tyrion from the beginning and HBO didn’t even ask him to audition before offering him the role. Unlike Tyrion, he doesn’t fancy himself a tough guy and has said that fight scenes featuring him are a big lie.
21. He and Lena Headey were friends long before Game of Thrones and Dinklage was apparently the one who originally suggested her as Cersei.
22. He has a scar that runs from his neck to his eyebrow from on onstage accident when he was performing at CBGB with his old punk-funk-rap band Whizzy in New York. “I was jumping around onstage and got accidentally kneed in the temple,” he told Playboy. “Blood was going everywhere. I just grabbed a dirty bar napkin and dabbed my head and went on with the show. We didn’t care much at the time about personal safety.”