Pamela Anderson is a Canadian American actress and model known for her roles on the television series Home Improvement, Baywatch and V.I.P..
Let’s see some fun facts about her!
1. Pamela Denise Anderson was born July 1, 1967 in Ladysmith, British Columbia.
2. She is the daughter of Barry, a furnace repairman, and Carol Anderson, a waitress.
3. Her great-grandfather, Juho Hyytiäinen, was Finnish, a native of Saarijärvi, and left the Grand Duchy of Finland (which was a part of the Russian Empire at the time) in 1908. He changed his name to Anderson when he arrived as an immigrant. Anderson also has Russian ancestry on her mother’s side.
4. Anderson got some press coverage right after her birth as the country’s “Centennial Baby”, having been the first baby born on July 1, 1967, the 100th anniversary of Canada’s official founding via the Constitution Act, 1867.
Anderson suffered frequent sexual abuse as a child, a fact she would not reveal publicly until 2014: she was molested by a female babysitter from ages 6 to 10, raped by a 25-year-old man when she was 12, and gang-raped by her boyfriend and six of his friends when she was 14. She also revealed that her father, though “loving”, had been an alcoholic.
5. Anderson attended Highland Secondary School in Comox, British Columbia. During high school, she played on the volleyball team.
6. She graduated in 1985.
7. In 1988, Anderson moved to Vancouver and worked as a fitness instructor.
8. In 1989, Anderson attended a BC Lions Canadian Football League game at the BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, where she was featured on the Jumbotron while wearing a Labatt’s Beer T-shirt. The brewing company hired Anderson briefly as a spokesmodel.
9. Inspired by that event, her then-boyfriend Dan Ilicic produced a poster of her image, entitled the Blue Zone Girl.
10. Anderson appeared as the cover girl on Playboy magazine’s October 1989 issue.
11. She moved to Los Angeles to further pursue a modeling career. Playboy subsequently chose her as Playmate of the Month in their February 1990 issue, in which she appeared in the centerfold photo.
12. Anderson then elected to have breast implant surgery, increasing her bust size to 34D. She famously increased her bust size again, to 34DD, several years later.
13. Anderson has since appeared in Playboy several times in the 1990s and the 2000s.
14. Anderson’s Playboy career spans 22 years, and she has appeared on more Playboy covers than any other model.
15. She has also made appearances in the publication’s newsstand specials. Anderson wrote the foreword in the Playboy coffee table book Playboy’s Greatest Covers.
16. Anderson was the last to pose nude in Playboy, on the magazine’s January/February 2016 cover.
17. She left Home Improvement after two seasons and won the role of C. J. Parker on Baywatch, whom she played for five seasons between 1992 and 1997 making her one of the longest serving cast members. This has been one of her best known roles to date and has gained her a lot of popularity from international viewers.
18. She later reprised her role to return in a reunion movie, Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding in 2003 and also to star in commercials for DirecTV in 2007.
19. In 1994, she was cast in her first starring film role, in Raw Justice, also known as Good Cop, Bad Cop, costarring with Stacy Keach, David Keith and Robert Hays. Under the alternate title, the film won the Bronze Award at the Worldfest-Charleston in the category for dramatic theatrical films.
20. In 1996, she appeared in Barb Wire playing Barbara Rose Kopetski, which was later claimed by some sources to be Anderson’s real name, although it is not. The movie, a thinly veiled futuristic remake of Casablanca, was not a commercial success.
21. In April 1997, she guest-hosted Saturday Night Live.
22. In September 1998, Anderson starred as Vallery Irons in the Sony Pictures Entertainment syndicated show V.I.P. created by J. F. Lawton. Blending action and humor in a fast-paced adventure series, with Anderson often poking fun at her tabloid image, the show explored the exciting and sometimes treacherous lives of the rich and famous.
23. In 1999, she appeared as a man-eating giantess in the music video for “Miserable” by California alternative rock band Lit.
24. She appeared on The Nanny as Fran’s rival, Heather Biblow.
25. Also in 1999, she had her breast implants surgically removed.
26. In early 2004, Anderson returned to the spotlight.
27. Anderson became a naturalized citizen of the United States on May 12, 2004, while retaining her Canadian citizenship.
28. She has lived in Southern California since 1989.
29. In 2004, she released the book Star, co-written by Eric Shaw Quinn, about a teenager trying to become famous. After this, she began touring the United States, signing autographs for fans at Wal-Mart stores nationwide.
30. Her second book, the sequel Star Struck, released in 2005, is a thinly veiled look at her life with Tommy Lee and the trials of celebrity life.
31. In April 2005, Anderson starred in a new Fox sitcom Stacked as Skyler Dayton, a party girl who goes to work at a bookstore. It was canceled on May 18, 2006, after two seasons, although some episodes were never aired.
32. In March 2006, it was announced that Anderson would receive a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame thanks to her many years as a model and actress. She is only the second model to receive a star.
33. In April 2006, Anderson hosted Canada’s Juno Awards, becoming the first non-singer and model to do so.
34. In December 2009, Anderson guest-starred as Genie of the Lamp in the pantomime Aladdin at the New Wimbledon Theatre in Wimbledon, south-west London, England. Anderson took over the role from comedienne Ruby Wax, with former EastEnders actress Anita Dobson and comedian Paul O’Grady also booked for the role.
35. In 2010, she appeared in the short film The Commuter directed by the McHenry Brothers and shot entirely on the Nokia N8 smartphone as promotion for the phone in the UK.
36. On July 9, 2008, Anderson entered the Australian Big Brother house for a three-day visit. This was Anderson’s first foray into reality television.
37. In November 2010, Anderson appeared on season 4 of Bigg Boss, the Indian version of the Big Brother television franchise. She stayed as a guest in the house for three days for a reported sum of Rs. 2.5 crores (approx US$ 550,000).
38. Anderson was a contestant on the tenth season of Dancing with the Stars, partnered with professional dancer Damian Whitewood. The season premiered on March 22, 2010, and after seven weeks, Anderson was eliminated.
39. She also took part in the 15th season all-star edition in 2012 with Tristan MacManus. Anderson and MacManus were eliminated in the first week of competition.
40. In 2011, she appeared on the Argentinian version of Dancing with the Stars, entitled Bailando por un sueño (Bailando 2011). She once again danced with Whitewood. She withdrew from the competition after the fourth round.
41. In March 2005, Anderson became a spokesperson for MAC Cosmetics’s MAC AIDS Fund, which helped people affected by AIDS and HIV. After becoming the official spokesmodel, Anderson raised money during events in Toronto, Tokyo, Dublin, and Athens. Anderson became the celebrity spokesperson for the American Liver Foundation, and served as the Grand Marshal of the SOS motorcycle ride fundraiser.
42. In 2009, Anderson wrote an open letter to President Barack Obama urging the legalization of cannabis.
43. Anderson has also shown support to the Friends of the Israel Defense Forces.
44. Anderson married Tommy Lee, drummer of Mötley Crüe, on February 19, 1995, after knowing him for about 96 hours, or 4 days. They wed on a beach, with Anderson in a bikini.
45. Anderson’s mother did not know, and learned of the marriage from People magazine.
46. During this time, she was known professionally as Pamela Anderson Lee. Together they have two sons, Brandon Thomas Lee and Dylan Jagger Lee.
47. Dylan Jagger Lee was named for Anderson’s great grandfather, Dale Jagger Grosco who fought in World War II.
48. The couple divorced in 1998.
49. In March 2002, Anderson publicly stated that she had contracted hepatitis C from Lee (supposedly from sharing tattoo needles), and began writing a regular column for Jane magazine.
50. In October 2003, Anderson jokingly said on Howard Stern’s radio show that she does not expect to live more than 10 or 15 years, but this was misconstrued and taken seriously by many websites and tabloids. As of 2015, Anderson was cured of hepatitis C.
51. After the 1998 divorce, Anderson became engaged to the model Marcus Schenkenberg; they broke up in 2001.
52. She then became engaged to the singer Kid Rock (Robert J. Ritchie); she broke up with him in 2003.
53. On July 18, 2006, it was announced that she would marry Kid Rock on July 29, 2006, on a yacht near Saint-Tropez, France. There was extensive unconfirmed media speculation that the marriage was pregnancy-related, but the theory was based only on Anderson’s representative’s refusal to comment on the question.
54. On November 10, 2006, it was announced that Anderson had miscarried while in Vancouver shooting a new film, Blonde and Blonder.
55. Seventeen days later, on November 27, 2006, Anderson filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. Some news reports have suggested that Kid Rock’s outrage during a screening of Borat, in which Anderson plays a cameo role, led to the filing for divorce two weeks later.
56. In February 2007, Anderson said that she still often had sex with Lee since their divorce. In June 2008 Lee said that they trying again to make things work together.
57. In September 2007, Anderson stated on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that she was engaged. On September 29, Anderson and film producer Rick Salomon applied for a marriage license in Las Vegas.
58. On October 6, 2007, Anderson married Salomon in a small wedding ceremony at The Mirage, between her two nightly appearances at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Hans Klok’s magic show.
59. The couple separated on December 13, and on February 22, 2008, Anderson requested through the courts that the marriage be annulled, citing fraud.[
60. In October 2013, Anderson stated on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that she and Salomon were “friends with benefits”. In January 2014, she announced that she had remarried Salomon on an unspecified date.
61. Anderson filed for divorce from Salomon in February 2015. The divorce was finalized on April 29, 2015.
62. A sex tape of Anderson and Tommy Lee on their honeymoon was stolen from their home in 1995 and made a huge stir on the Internet. Anderson sued the video distribution company, Internet Entertainment Group. Ultimately, the Lees entered into a confidential settlement agreement with IEG. Thereafter, the company began making the tape available to subscribers to its websites again, resulting in triple the normal traffic on the sites.