1. Our Brand Is Crisis is a 2015 American comedy-drama film directed by David Gordon Green and written by Peter Straughan.
2. Based on the 2005 documentary film of the same name by Rachel Boynton, it is a fictionalized account of the involvement of American political campaign strategists “Greenberg Carville Shrum” (GCS) in the 2002 Bolivian presidential election.
3. The film stars Sandra Bullock, Scoot McNairy, Billy Bob Thornton, Anthony Mackie, Ann Dowd, and Joaquim de Almeida.
4. Principal photography began on September 29, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana. George Clooney and Grant Heslov produced.
5. The film was screened in the Special Presentations section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival. It was theatrically released by Warner Bros. on October 30, 2015 to mixed reviews.
6. The film opened on October 30, 2015, alongside Burnt and Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. In its opening weekend, the film was projected to make $5–7 million from 2,202 theaters, however only ended up grossing $3.2 million, finishing eighth at the box office. This was the lowest wide release opening of Bullock’s career, beating 1996’s Two If by Sea ($4.7 million).
7. In July 2015, Warner Bros. scheduled the film for an October 30, 2015 release, during the awards season. It had a wide release in 2,202 theaters for 21 days.
8. George Clooney was cast but dropped out and was replaced by Billy Bob Thornton.
9. On the last day of shooting, Sandra Bullock had an ice cream truck brought to set.
10. First film Sandra Bullock has produced since All About Steve (2009).
11. Few scenes were shot at La Paz city. This might be the first Hollywood Studio (Warner Bros.) movie ever made in Bolivia.
12. The protagonist played by Sandra Bullock was originally male but David Gordon Green and Peter Straughan were willing to switch the role’s gender for her casting.
13. The screenplay for this film was featured in the 2008 Blacklist; a list of the “most liked” unmade scripts of the year.
14. First time Sandra Bullock and George Clooney have worked together as producing partners.
15. Mostly shot the film in New Orleans, LA and Puerto Rico.
16. Started shooting in October 2014.
17. End credits theme ‘La Partida’ (The Departure) is the version by Chilean band Inti Illimani. The theme is originally from Victor Jara, Chilean artist and political activist, killed during Pinochet regime.
18. Anthony Mackie and Zoe Kazan previously co-starred on Broadway in Martin McDonaghs “A Behanding in Spokane.”
19. Both Paul Newman and Robert Redford’s names are quickly mentioned once each during the course of the movie and portrayed Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid who left America for Bolivia.
20. Our Brand Is Crisis received negative reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 33%, based on 132 reviews, with an average rating of 5.4/10.