Nina Dobrev is a Bulgarian-Canadian actress best known for her leading role at Vampire Diaries. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1. Her full name is Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva.
2. She was born on January 9, 1989.
3. Nina Dobrev was born in Sofia, Bulgaria, as Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva and moved to Canada at the age of two, where she was raised in Toronto, Ontario.
4. She has an older brother, Aleksandar Dobrev.
5. Her father, Konstantin Dobrev, is a computer specialist, and her mother, Michaela Dobreva (née Radeva), is an artist.
6. Nina Dobrev attended Vradenburg Junior Public School and J. B. Tyrrell Sr. Public School, where she started ballet and jazz classes, and competed in rhythmic gymnastics
7. Then, she attended the arts program at Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts in Scarborough and Ryerson University, majoring in sociology.
8. She left in 2008 to pursue her acting career.
9. She took acting classes at Armstrong Acting Studios in Toronto.
10. Nina Dobrev has appeared in a number of feature films, including Fugitive Pieces, Away from Her, Never Cry Werewolf, and the teen television series Degrassi: The Next Generation. She also starred in a number of Lifetime original movies.
11. In 2007 she appeared in the music video of You Got That Light performed by Wade Allain-Marcus and David Baum.
12. She also had a role in the MTV film The American Mall.
13. Dobrev subsequently starred in The CW’s supernatural drama series The Vampire Diaries, a television adaptation of the book series of the same name, playing the role of Elena Gilbert.
14. This series achieved worldwide success and her portrayal of Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce received critical acclaim.
15. In April 2015, Dobrev announced via Instagram that she would be leaving The Vampire Diaries after portraying Elena for six seasons.
16. In January 2017, it was announced that Dobrev would return as Elena in The Vampire Diaries series finale.
17. She then had a minor role in the erotic thriller Chloe, theatrically released by Sony Pictures Classics on March 26, 2010.
18.The film had enjoyed commercial success and became director Atom Egoyan’s biggest moneymaker ever.
19. In April 2011, Dobrev was cast as Candace Kelmeckis in the film adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, alongside Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Paul Rudd.
20. In August 2014, she starred alongside Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr. in the 20th Century Fox comedy Let’s Be Cops.
21. Dobrev played the role of Vicki Summers in the 2015 horror comedy film The Final Girls.
22. The film received critical acclaim upon its release.
23. In September 2015, Dobrev was cast in the film Arrivals, opposite Asa Butterfield and Maisie Williams, portraying the role of flight attendant Izzy.
24. The same year, she was cast in the romantic comedy Crash Pad, alongside Domhnall Gleeson and Christina Applegate, which began filming in Vancouver in fall 2015.
26. In April 2016, it was announced that she had officially joined the cast of the action film sequel XXX: Return of Xander Cage, opposite Vin Diesel and Samuel L. Jackson.
27. Dobrev is multilingual and speaks English, French and Bulgarian.
28. While filming The Vampire Diaries, Dobrev lived in Atlanta.She moved to Los Angeles in 2015
29. Dobrev dated her co-star from The Vampire Diaries Ian Somerhalder from 2010 to 2013.
30. Dobrev she began dating actor Austin Stowell with whom they split at February 2016 after 7 months of dating