Neve Campbell is a Canadian actress. She is best known for her role as Sidney Prescott in the horror film series Scream.
1.Her middle name is Adrianne.
2. She was born on October 3, 1973.
3. Shewas born in Guelph, Ontario. Her mother, Marnie (née Neve), is a yoga instructor and psychologist from Amsterdam.
4. Her British father, Gerry Campbell, immigrated to Canada from Glasgow, Scotland, and taught high school drama classes.6
5. Neve Campbell’s maternal grandparents ran a theater company in the Netherlands, and her paternal grandparents were also performers.
6. On her mother’s side, Campbell descends from Sephardi Jews who immigrated to the Netherlands and converted to Catholicism.
7. Neve Campbell has three brothers: Christian, Alex, and Damian. Her parents divorced when she was two years old.
8. At age six, she saw a performance of The Nutcracker and decided she wanted to take ballet, enrolling at the Erinvale School of Dance.
9. She and her brother Christian lived mostly with their father (who received custody of the two), with regular periods at their mother’s home until Campbell was nine years old.
10. At that time, she moved into residence at the National Ballet School of Canada, training there and appearing in performances of The Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty.
11. After accumulating numerous dance-related injuries and a stress-induced nervous breakdown, she moved into acting at the age of 15, performing in The Phantom of the Opera at the Canon Theatre in Toronto while attending John F. Ross Collegiate Vocational Institute in Guelph.
12. Neve Campbell appeared in a 1991 Coca-Cola commercial and promoted its sponsorship on Bryan Adams’ Waking Up the Nation Tour (1991–1992).
13. Her first starring role was as Daisy in the Canadian youth series Catwalk, (1992–1994).
14. She made several guest appearances on shows such as The Kids In The Hall, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. Described as “television’s most believable teenager”, Campbell rose to fame outside Canada after playing Julia Salinger in the drama series Party of Five, (1994–2000).
15. The show won the Golden Globe Award for Best Drama in 1996.
16. Neve Campbell’s first widely released film was The Craft (1996).
17. She starred as Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), which was a huge success, earning over $173 million at the worldwide box office and winning critical acclaim.
18. Her role has received significant critical praise throughout the Scream series, earning her the Saturn Award for Best Actress for her role in Scream.
19. The film was followed by three sequels, all of which were also successful, with Scream 2 earning over $170 million, Scream 3 over $160 million, and Scream 4 over $97 million.
20. Neve Campbell won the MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance for Scream 2.
21. In 1998 and 2000, Campbell was on People’s “50 Most Beautiful People” list. In 1998, she was ranked #3 in Empire’s “100 Sexiest Movie Stars”.
22. She was also included in FHM’s “Sexiest Women in the World” list in 1998 (at #31), 1999 (at #20), 2000 (at #31), and 2001 (at #42).
23. Neve Campbell married Canadian actor Jeff Colt on April 3, 1995.
24. The couple, who met when he was a bartender at Toronto’s Pantages Theatre, divorced in May 1998.
25. In 2005, Campbell began dating John Light, an actor whom she met while filming Investigating Sex (2001).
26. The couple became engaged in December 2005 and married in Malibu, California on May 5, 2007.
27. The couple lived together in Islington, London for five years, until Campbell filed for divorce on June 30, 2010, in Los Angeles, California.
28. In March 2012, Campbell and her partner, actor JJ Feild, confirmed that they were expecting their first child together.
29. Their son Caspian was born in August 2012.
30. Her height is 1,70 metres.