Nathalie Emmanuel is a British actress. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Nathalie Joanne Emmanuel.
2.She was born 2 March 1989.
3. Emmanuel was born in Southend-on-Sea, a seaside resort town in Essex, England.
4. Emmanuel is the second child of a Dominican mother, and a father of half-Saint Lucian and half English descent.
5. Emmanuel demonstrated an affinity for the arts at an early age; she recalled that her mother first took notice of her passion and desire to become an actress during Emmanuel’s attendance at the independent St Hilda’s School (now closed) and later grammar Westcliff High School for Girls.
6. In an interview with the New York Daily News, she commented, “When I was 3, [I’d] always cause drama that my mum decided maybe I should channel it properly—so she started me on acting, singing and dancing classes”. At the age of 10, she played Young Nala in the West End production of the musical The Lion King.
7. In 2006, she made her television break by starring as Sasha Valentine in the soap opera Hollyoaks.
8. Emmanuel appeared on the show until 2010, her character’s storylines included prostitution, and heroin addiction.
9. In January 2012, Emmanuel presented BBC Three’s Websex: What’s the Harm?, investigating the online sexual habits of 16–24 year olds in the UK.
10. Later in the same year she made her film debut in the thriller Twenty8k.
11. The following year, she was cast as Missandei, Daenerys Targaryen’s interpreter, in HBO’s fantasy drama series Game of Thrones.
12. In a recent interview with Jimmy Kimmel, she confirmed that she received the news about winning the role when she was working in a clothes store as a shop assistant.
13. In 2015, she played computer hacker Ramsey in the action film Furious 7 and Harriet in the science fiction adventure Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.For the former Emmanuel won the Screen Nation award for Best Female Performance in Film
14. FHM magazine ranked Emmanuel as 99th in their 100 Sexiest Women of 2013, and 75th in their Sexiest Women of 2015.[
15. In 2015, she also appeared in the April issue of InStyle and GQ magazines