We all think we know the actresses we adore and like, but how many things do we actually know about them?
Here we are about to dive into the lives of some of the most famous and successful actresses of all the times.
1. Salma Hayek Jiménez de Pinault was born September 2, 1966 in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico.
2. Her younger brother, Sami, is a furniture designer.
3. Her mother, Diana Jiménez Medina, is an opera singer and talent scout.
4. Her father, Sami Hayek, is an oil company executive and owner of an industrial-equipment firm, who once ran for mayor of Coatzacoalcos.
5. Her father is of Lebanese descent, with his family being from the city Baabdat, Lebanon, a city Salma and her father visited in 2015 to promote her movie Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet.
6. Her mother is of Mexican/Spanish descent, with her grandmother and maternal great-grandparents being from Spain.
7. Raised in a wealthy, devout Roman Catholic family, she was sent to the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana, USA, at the age of twelve.
8. In school, she was diagnosed with dyslexiaand ADHD.
9. She attended university in Mexico City, where she studied International Relations at the Universidad Iberoamericana.
10. Her breakthrough role was in the 2002 film Frida as Mexican painter Frida Kahlo for which she was nominated in the category of Best Actress for an Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Golden Globe Award.
11. Her name means “peace” or “calm” in Arabic.
12. Salma Hayek was raised in a Catholic home by her a Spanish mother and Lebanese father before she found fame in Hollywood.
13. As a child, Hayek’s grandmother regularly shaved her head and eyebrows because she thought it would make her hair grow thicker, glossier, and darker.
14. After having seen Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) in a local movie theatre, Salma decided she wanted to become an actress.
15. When she was 12 years old she was sent to a boarding school in Louisiana and was expelled after two years.
16. When Hayek is not busy filming, she likes watching Mexican soccer, practicing Krav Maga (the official self-defense system of the Israeli military), and spending time with Valentina.
17. Salma Hayek was diagnosed with dyslexia. On top of dyslexia, Salma is also diagnosed with ADHD or popularly known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
18. She is very fond of animals. She turned her house into a shelter for stray animals. Right now she homes five parrots, one cat without a tail that was rescued by one of her 10 dogs, four ducks, 20 chickens, five horses, two guinea pigs, and four alpacas.
19. When Hayek and “Friends” star Matthew Perry filmed the movie “Fools Rush In,” there were rumors that the on-screen lovers hated each other in real life. Both dispelled the rumors sometime later.
20.Hayek’s on-screen sex scene with actor Colin Farrell in “Ask The Dust” won her the highly desired Best Nude Scene Award in 2006.She appeared in numerous high-profile films in the early 2000s
21. Cameron Diaz appeared in numerous high-profile films in the early 2000sncluding Charlie’s Angels (2000) and its sequel Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003).
22. As well as voicing the character of Princess Fiona in the Shrek series (2001–2010)
23. In 2003, she was cast in Martin Scorsese’s period epic Gangs of New York
24. For which she earned her fourth Golden Globe nomination
25 Her subsequent films included the dramatic comedies In Her Shoes (2005) and The Holiday (2006), and the psychological thriller The Box (2009)
26. Diaz appeared in a supporting role in The Green Hornet in 2011
27.Followed by starring roles in the comedies Bad Teacher (2011) and The Other Woman (2014)
28. After appearing in Will Gluck’s 2014 film adaptation of Annie, Diaz confirmed she was formally retiring from acting
29. Diaz is the author of two health books: The Body Book (2013), a New York Times bestseller, and The Longevity Book (2016)
30. Diaz’s father died of liver cancer in 2008
31. She married musician Benji Madden at her home in Beverly Hills, California, on January 5, 2015, in a Jewish ceremony
32. The couple had been introduced ten months earlier by her close friend and now sister-in-law, Nicole Richie
33. On January 3, 2020, they announced the birth of their daughter, Raddix Madden
34.Diaz publicly endorsed Al Gore during the 2000 presidential election
35. Known for her environmental activism, she was an early adopter of the Toyota Prius hybrid and worked to promote Gore’s Live Earth campaign for raising awareness of climate change
36. Diaz wore a T-shirt that read “I won’t vote for a son of a Bush!” while making publicity visits for Charlie’s Angels
37. Diaz has been involved with the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)
38. The first and largest non-profit organization for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
39. She is an advocate of military families.
40.While still in high school, she signed a modeling contract with Elite Model Management
41. Jennifer Aniston has a bad habit of twirling her hair.
42. Her parents are named John Aniston and Nancy Dow.
43. She worked as a telemarketer, waitress, and bike messenger to support her acting career, and appeared in the 1990 television series Molloy and the 1993 horror film Leprechaun.
44. She was married to Brad Pitt from 2000 to 2005. She began dating Justin Theroux in 2011 and the couple got married in August 2015.
45. She appeared in Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ music video for the 1996 song “Walls.”
46. She sticks to what she knows when it comes to style: “What works for me as far as my style is usually that I don’t change it very often. I just try to stay really comfortable. I don’t try and follow trends because it just always feels inauthentic somehow.”
47. Her role as Rachel Green on Friends from 1994 to 2004 earned her an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
48. For her performance in the 2002 film The Good Girl, she received a nomination for an Independent Spirit Award.
49. She has also starred in such films as Cake, Bruce Almighty, Horrible Bosses, Office Space, Just Go With It and We’re the Millers.
50. When she was 11, a painting by Jennifer Aniston was displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Jennifer developed her passion for art at the Rudolf Steiner School, and when she was just 11, her hard work paid off when a painting she had done was displayed in one of the most prestigious art galleries in the country.
51. She prefers wide-legged jeans to skinny jeans.
52. She met her ex-husband, Brad Pitt, on a blind date. Brad and Jen reportedly met back in 1998 after both their agents set them up on a blind date.
53. Jennifer Aniston shares a speaking voice with Melanie Griffith and Sheryl Lee in France! Jen’s French dubbing voice, Dorothée Jemma, also provides the voices for Griffith and Lee.
54. She also prefers heels over flats, especially a wedge: “Once I find a beautiful wedge, I will never, ever, ever let it go.”
55. Jennifer Aniston was considered for the role of Rose Dewitt Bukater in James Cameron’s Titanic. She wasn’t the only actress in the running before Kate Winslet nabbed the role though; other people considered include Drew Barrymore, Christina Applegate, Jennifer Connelly, Claire Danes, Geena Davis, Minnie Driver, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Emily Mortimer, Jeri Ryan, Winona Ryder, Tori Spelling, Nicollette Sheridan, Uma Thurman, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Eliza Dushku, Gabrielle Anwar, Rosanna Arquette, Rose Byrne, Gabrielle Carteris, Marguerite Chapman, Amanda Donohoe, Claire Forlani, and Madonna!
56. While she was at school, Jennifer Aniston thought she was stupid, but she was later diagnosed as dyslexic.
57. She swears by steaming to get her best glow.
58. Chris McMillan, who managed the Friends‘ star’s hair for more than a decade, admitted he was stoned when he cut Jennifer Aniston’s into the iconic “Rachel” haircut.
59.Jen considered giving up acting after completing her first horror film, Leprechaun.
60.She prefers salty over sweet as her go-to cheat meal.
61.Sarah Jessica Parker was raised by her mother after her parents divorced.
62. Parker helped support the family at a young age, bringing home paychecks from early dancing and singing gigs.
63. In 1986, Parker appeared in the cult classic Flight of the Navigator, a Disney science fiction film.
64. Parker attended the School of American Ballet in New York City, the New York Professional Children’s School, the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati, and Hollywood High School in Los Angeles, California.
65. She became a UNICEF ambassador in 1997.
66. Together with four of her siblings, Sarah Jessica Parker toured for the next few years with The Sound of Music.
67. She is the fourth of eight children and she grew up in relative poverty.
68. After she broke up with Robert Downey Jr., she transitioned to adult roles with sexy turns in a string of big-screen comedies such as L.A. Story.
69. Parker has identified culturally and ethnically with her father’s religion, Judaism, although she has had no religious training.
70. Parker and Broderick’s twin daughters, Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge, were delivered via surrogate in June 2009.
71. Their middle names of “Elwell” and “Hodge” are from Parker’s mother’s family.
72. Sarah Jessica wore black when she wed Matthew Broderick in May 1997.
73.Sex and the City made her a fashion icon to women all over the world due to her extravagant New Yorkian style.
74. In 2003, she became the spokesperson for Garnier hair products.
75. Sarah Jessica Parker was reluctant to sign on for her career-changing role as Carrie Bradshaw.
76. Starr even offered to make her a producer if she signed on.
77. After her agent and husband, Matthew Broderick told her she would be crazy to turn it down, she finally said yes.
78. Manolo Blahnik named a shoe in her honor, the SJP.
79. After five nominations, in 2004, Parker won an Emmy Award for her lead role.
80. Parker said in 2006 that she “will never do a television show again.”
81. Born on July 19, 1980, in Huntington Woods, Michigan, Kristen Bell was raised in the Detroit suburbs and became interested in acting at an early age.
82.She left the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University in 2001, just a few credits away from graduating, to take her first Broadway role in a musical production of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
83. In 2004, Bell landed her breakout role, the title character on the TV series Veronica Mars.
84. Kristen nicknamed her right eye “Wonky.” She says she inherited it from her mother, who had hers corrected as a child.
85. The starlet said that if she does not get enough sleep, that’s when things get, well, wonky.
86. She would kill for a role in a Batman movie. Back in 2007 Kristen made it known that she would do anything – literally anything – to get the chance to play the Batman villain Harley Quinn.
87. She and her husband got married in a courthouse for $142. They filled out paperwork online, went to a courthouse, and then realized they needed an officiant to make it legal.
88. She has played memorable roles in the films Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pulse, When in Rome and The Lifeguard. In 2012, she began playing Jeannie van der Hooven in Showtime’s House of Lies and in 2013, she voiced Princess Anna in the animated film Frozen.
89. In 2002, Bell’s career got a jolt when she was cast in a Broadway production of Arthur Miller’s The Crucible, which starred Laura Linney and Liam Neeson.
90. Soon after, she moved to Los Angeles and immediately landed a guest role on the hard-hitting crime show The Shield as the girlfriend of a gang member.
91. Kristen became a vegetarian at the age of 11.
92.With her career starting to really roll, Bell soon appeared on NBC’s American Dreams and the WB Network’s Everwood and in TV-movies.
93.In 2004, Bell was in David Mamet’s Spartan and had a recurring role on HBO’s hugely popular drama Deadwood.
94. Over the course of the show’s four seasons, Bell was nominated for several awards and took home the Saturn Award for Best Actress on Television in 2006.
96. She co-starred with Christina Aguilera and Cher in the 2010 movie musical Burlesque.
97. In 2006 PETA named Bell the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian and Maxim added her to a plethora of “sexiest” lists as well.
98. While keeping busy with films, Bell managed to find even more television success in 2007 (the year Veronica Mars came to an end) when she took on narration duties on Gossip Girl and joined the hit show Heroes.
99. Since 2010, Bell has appeared in more than a dozen films and on several TV shows, and has lent her voice to the Assassin’s Creed video games.
100. She played the character Uda Bengt in two episodes of the Starz comedy series Party Down and the character Ingrid de Forest in three episodes of NBC’s Parks and Recreation.