Michael Pitt is an American actor, model and musician. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His middle name is Carmen.
2. He was born on April 10, 1981.
3. Michael Pitt made his Off-Broadway debut in 1999 in the play The Trestle at Pope Lick Creek at the New York Theatre Workshop.
4. During his theater debut, a casting agent whom Pitt had mistaken for a police officer attempting to arrest him noticed him and recommended him for a guest role on the television series Dawson’s Creek.
5. He played Henry Parker in 15 episodes (1999-2000).
6. In 2010, Pitt was cast as Jimmy Darmody in the HBO series Boardwalk Empire (about the rise of Atlantic City during the Prohibition era), as the protégé of Delirious co-star Steve Buscemi.
7. He appeared in the show’s first two seasons and was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Critics’s Choice Award for his performance.
8. In 2014, he was cast in the recurring role of Mason Verger in the NBC series Hannibal but dropped out late that year, presumably due to scheduling conflicts
9. In 2001, Pitt earned a breakout role as the lover of a transgender rock star named Hedwig in the film adaptation of John Cameron Mitchell’s Tony Award-winning production Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
10. Although not his first film role, Pitt’s performance as Tommy Gnosis led to a series of supporting roles in many acclaimed and often controversial films, including Larry Clark’s Bully, Murder by Numbers, and Funny Games, Michael Haneke’s remake of the 1997 film of the same name. One of Pitt’s more notable roles was as the lead in Bernardo Bertolucci’s The Dreamers.
11. Michael Pitt has also appeared in Asia Argento’s Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things and M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village and starred in Gus Van Sant’s Last Days as a rock musician “inspired” by Nirvana frontman, Kurt Cobain.
12. He performed all of the songs, which closely resembled Cobain’s guitar and singing styles.
13, On the set of Last Days, he met Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, who had been hired by Van Sant to serve as the film’s music consultant.
14. The pair formed a close bond, with Moore writing, “[Gus] wanted me to hang out with Michael and talk about his character, and let him be in character. We ended up spending a lot of time together. My daughter Coco still relates to Michael as Blake from ‘Last Days'”.
15. In 2006, he starred in the unconventional romantic comedy Delirious as a young homeless man who befriends a celebrity photographer and falls in love with a pop singer.
16. The movie appeared at the Sundance Film Festival.
17. The following year, he played opposite Keira Knightley in Silk, adapted from the novel by Alessandro Baricco, as Hervé Joncour, a French silkworm smuggler, who falls in love with a baron’s concubine while in Japan.
18. In 2014, Pitt juggled two starring roles, as Tommy Uva in the comedic American crime drama Rob the Mob and as a molecular biologist in search of the truth about the origins of the eye in the aptly-named I Origins.
19. Michael Pitt sang and played guitar in his band, Pagoda, whose self-titled debut album was released by Universal/Fontana/Ecstatic Peace in 2007.
20. Under the title Jimi Pitt and the Twins of Evil, Pitt performed “Hey Joe” with the Twins of Evil for The Dreamers soundtrack.
21. In January 2015, Pitt made his official directorial debut with a campaign film for Rag and Bone’s Spring 2015 collection. The video features Pitt and prior co-stars actress Astrid Bergès-Frisbey—the new face of Rag & Bone womenswear—and British actor Stephen Graham, from I Origins and Boardwalk Empire, respectively. Says Rag & Bone co-head, Marcus Wainwright, “[Pitt]’s a really talented actor and musician, and he came to us with this concept of doing a film-based campaign. We thought it was awesome and well worth trying.”
22. Pitt has also directed a number of music videos for Pagoda.
23. Michael Pitt has modeled for numerous designer campaigns. In 2012, he was named the face of Italian fashion house Prada and modeled their menswear line.
24. He was also featured in two separate Rag & Bone campaigns prior to the release of his self-directed campaign—once for Fall/Winter 2013, with French actress Léa Seydoux and once for Fall/Winter 2014, with acclaimed actress Winona Ryder.
25. His height is 1,80 metres.