Mary Poppins Returns is an upcoming film and we are thrilled about it!
Who can forget the old Mary Poppin’s portrayed by the wonderful Julie Andrews?
Now, we are going to see the return of the magical nanny but with a new cast and we are looking forward to it.
Do you still remember the song « Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious»?
These are some facts you should know about the film:
- Emily Blunt is going to play Mary Poppins in the upcoming g film.
- The film is directed by Rob Marshall and written by David Magee, from a story by Magee, Marshall, and John DeLuca.
- The movie is based on the book series by P. L. Travers and a sequel film to 1964’s Mary Poppins.
- According to The Walt Disney Company the movie is set in 1930s London, which is the time period of the original novels by P.L. Travers. The story follows Michael and Jane Banks, who are now grown up. Michael is living with his three children (and housekeeper Ellen in the house on Cherry Tree Lane. After Michael has a personal loss, Mary Poppins comes back into the lives of the Banks family. She is joined by a street lamplighter named Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda), and an eccentric cousin named Topsy.
- Meryl Streep is in the movie too. She was casted as Topsy, Mary Poppins’s eccentric cousin.
- Principal photography on the film began on February 10, 2017, at Shepperton Studios in Surrey, United Kingdom.
- The film is scheduled to be released on December 19, 2018.
- Dick Van Dyke is the only actor from the original to return, portraying the son of one of his original characters.
- It’s been 54 years since the original film.
- The music is created by Marc Shaiman.