Mandy Moore is an American singer/songwriter and actress.
Let’s see some fun facts about her!
1. Amanda Leigh Moore was born April 10, 1984 in Nashua, New Hampshire.
2. Her mother, Stacy (née Friedman), is a former news reporter who once worked for the Orlando Sentinel, and her father, Donald Moore, is a pilot for American Airlines.
3. Moore was raised Catholic, but has since developed a “hodgepodge of things” that she believes.
4. Moore’s ancestry is Russian Jewish (from her maternal grandfather), English, and Irish.
5. She is the second among three children with an older brother, Scott, and a younger brother, Kyle.
6. When she was two months old, Moore and her family moved to Longwood, Seminole County, Florida, outside of Orlando, due to her father’s job.
7. She attended Bishop Moore Catholic High School in Orlando, Florida from 1998 to 2002.
8. After coming to prominence with her debut single “Candy”, which peaked at number 41 on the Billboard Hot 100, Moore signed with Epic Records.
9. Her debut studio album, So Real (1999), went on to receive a Platinum certification from the RIAA. Her 2000 single “I Wanna Be with You”, from her second studio album of the same name, became Moore’s first Top 30 song in the United States, peaking at number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100.
10. Her subsequent studio albums, the eponymous Mandy Moore (2001), Coverage (2003), Wild Hope (2007) and Amanda Leigh (2009), have seen continued success.
11. As of 2009, Billboard reported that Moore has sold more than 10 million albums worldwide, and in 2012 she was ranked #96 on VH1’s list of “100 Greatest Women in Music” as well as #63 on their “Sexiest Artists of All Time List”.
12. Moore ventured into acting in 2001 with a minor voice role in Dr. Dolittle 2 before co-starring as Lana Thomas in The Princess Diaries.
13. Her first starring film role came as Jamie Sullivan in the romantic drama A Walk to Remember (2002).
14. Moore later voiced Rapunzel in the animated film Tangled (2010), and reprised the role in the 2017 television series based on the film.
15. She has also been known for contributing to the soundtracks of her acting projects.
16. Since 2016, Moore has starred as Rebecca Pearson on the NBC television series This Is Us, for which she received a Golden Globe Award nomination.
17. In 2008, Moore began dating musician and songwriter Ryan Adams. They became engaged in February 2009 and married on March 10, 2009, in Savannah, Georgia.
18. Moore filed for divorce in January 2015 while Adams was in New York, citing “irreconcilable differences”.
19. Moore and Adams later released a joint statement explaining their decision, describing it as a “respectful, amicable parting of ways”.
20. Court documents obtained a few days later indicated that they had been legally separated for nearly six months prior to the filing. The divorce was finalized in June 2016.
21. In 2015, Moore began dating musician Taylor Goldsmith. On September 23, 2017, she officially confirmed and celebrated their engagement with a party thrown by her friend, Raina Penchansky.