Lucas Hedges is an American actor best known for his role in the film “Manchester by the Sea”. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.Lucas Hedges was born December 12, 1996.
2. Lucas Hedges was born in Brooklyn Heights, New York, the second child of poet and actress Susan Bruce (Titman) and Oscar-nominated screenwriter and director Peter Hedges.
3 He has an older brother, Simon.
4. He grew up in Brooklyn Heights and Cobble Hill, frequently visiting his father’s film sets.
5. A graduate of Saint Ann’s School, he is currently on a break from studying theatre at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
6. As a child, Hedges’ made his feature film debut as an extra in his father’s film Dan in Real Life (2007)
7. His line in the film was cut in post-production
8. He starred in a middle-school play production, when the casting director for Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom (2012) was in the audience and eventually cast Hedges in the film, his first role as Redford.
9. He later appeared in Arthur Newman (2013), Jason Reitman’s Labor Day (2013) and Terry Gilliam’s film The Zero Theorem (2013).
10. In 2014, Hedges made a cameo in Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel and appeared in Michael Cuesta’s Kill the Messenger, for which he received positive review
11. In April 2015, Hedges joined the cast of Kenneth Lonergan’s third feature film, Manchester by the Sea (2016).
12. In it, he plays Patrick Chandler, a 16-year-old dealing with the recent death of his father and who is left in the care of his unwilling and troubled uncle.
13. The film had its world premiere on January 23, 2016, at the Sundance Film Festival, where Hedges received rave reviews.
14. For his performance, Hedges has been nominated for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role and Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, making him one of the eighth youngest actors to ever be nominated in that category.
15. On 31 January 2017, Hedges made his stage debut as the lead in the Trip Cullman-directed Off-Broadway play Yen, by playwright Anna Jordan, for which he received rave reviews.
16. In 2017, he will star in Greta Gerwig’s directorial debut Lady Bird and Martin McDonagh’s film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.