Kurt Russell is an American actor.
Let’s see some intriguing facts about him!
1. Kurt Vogel Russell was born March 17, 1951 in Springfield, Massachusetts.
2. Russell is the son of actor Bing Russell and dancer Louise Julia (Crone) Russell.
3. He has three sisters, Jill, Jamie and Jody.
4. In 1969, he graduated from Thousand Oaks High School in southern California.
5. His sister Jill is the mother of baseball player Matt Franco.
6. He began acting on television in the western series The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters (1963–64).
7. In the late 1960s, he signed a ten-year contract with The Walt Disney Company where, according to Robert Osborne, he became the studio’s top star of the 1970s
8. Russell was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture for his performance in Silkwood (1983).
9. During the 1980s, he starred in several films by director John Carpenter, including anti-hero roles such as army hero-turned-robber Snake Plissken in the futuristic action film Escape from New York (1981), and its sequel Escape from L.A. (1996), Antarctic helicopter pilot R.J. MacReady in the horror film The Thing (1982), and truck driver Jack Burton in the dark kung-fu comedy action film Big Trouble in Little China (1986), all of which have since become cult films.
10. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for the television film Elvis (1979), also directed by Carpenter.
11. Russell also starred in other films, including Overboard (1987), Tombstone (1993), Stargate (1994), Miracle (2004), Poseidon (2006), Death Proof (2007), Bone Tomahawk (2015) and The Hateful Eight (2015).
12. Russell married actress Season Hubley, whom he met while filming Elvis, in 1979, and had a son, Boston (born February 16, 1980).
13. After his divorce from Hubley in 1983, Russell began his relationship with Goldie Hawn, and appeared alongside her in Swing Shift and Overboard.
14. They have a son Wyatt Russell (born July 10, 1986) and own a home in Palm Desert, California.
15. Hawn’s son and daughter with Bill Hudson, actors Oliver Hudson and Kate Hudson, consider Russell to be their father.
16. Russell is a libertarian. In 1996, he was quoted in the Toronto Sun saying: “I was brought up as a Republican, but when I realized that at the end of the day there wasn’t much difference between a Democrat and Republican, I became a libertarian.”
17. In February 2003, Russell and Hawn moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, so that their son could play hockey.
18. Russell is an avid gun enthusiast, a hunter and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment of the US constitution.
19. He is also an FAA-licensed private pilot holding single/multi-engine and instrument ratings and is an Honorary Board Member of the humanitarian aviation organization Wings of Hope.