Kevin Hart is an American actor, comedian, writer, and producer.
Let’s find out some intriguing facts about him!
1. Kevin Darnell Hart was born July 6, 1979 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. He was raised by his single mother, Nancy Hart, and has one brother, Robert.
3. His father, Henry Witherspoon, a cocaine addict, was in and out of jail throughout most of Kevin’s childhood, and Kevin used humor as a way to cope with his troubled family life.
4. After graduating from high school, Hart briefly attended the Community College of Philadelphia and moved to New York City.
5. He then moved to Brockton, Massachusetts, and found work as a shoe salesman.
6. He began pursuing a career in stand-up comedy after performing at an amateur night at a club in Philadelphia.
7. Hart began his career by winning several amateur comedy competitions at clubs throughout New England, culminating in his first real break in 2001 when he was cast by Judd Apatow for a recurring role on the TV series Undeclared.
8. The series lasted only one season, but he soon landed other roles in movies like Paper Soldiers (2002), Scary Movie 3 (2003), Soul Plane (2004), In the Mix (2005) and Little Fockers (2010).
9. Hart’s comedic reputation continued to grow with the release of his first stand-up album I’m a Grown Little Man (2008), and performances in the films Think Like a Man (2012), Grudge Match (2013), Ride Along (2014), About Last Night (2014), Get Hard (2015), Central Intelligence (2015) and The Secret Life of Pets (2016) .
10. He also released four more comedy albums, Seriously Funny in 2010, Laugh at My Pain in 2011, Let Me Explain in 2013, and What Now? in 2016.
11. In 2015, Time Magazine named Hart one of the 100 most influential people in the world on the annual Time 100 list.
12. He currently stars as himself in the lead role of Real Husbands of Hollywood.
Kevin and Torrei Hart filed for divorce in February 2010, citing irreconcilable differences. Hart requested joint custody of their two children, daughter Heaven and son Hendrix.
13. The divorce was finalized in November 2011.
14. Hart’s relationship with his father improved after the latter recovered from his addiction. Hart said, “My dad said I was supposed to be on drugs. I was like, ‘Dad, shut up,’ but then I thought about it, and it was stupid, but it made sense. He was saying that basically he was my example to never go down that road.”
15. Hart also talks about his mother in his stand-up routine, portraying her as a loving, yet intimidating woman. She died from cancer in 2007.
16. On August 18, 2014, Hart proposed to Eniko Parrish. They married on August 13, 2016 near Santa Barbara, California.
17. On May 14, 2017, Hart and Parrish announced that they were expecting their first child, a boy, together.