Katherine Waterston is an American actress. She recently starred at the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her middle name is Boyer.
2. She was born on March 3, 1980.
3. Katherine Waterston is the daughter of Lynn Louisa (née Woodruff), a former model, and Sam Waterston, an Oscar-nominated actor
4. Her father received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010 and was inducted into the American Theatre Hall of Fame in 2012.
5. She was born in Westminster, London, England, where her American parents were working at the time.
6. She is a sister of actress Elisabeth Waterston and director Graham Waterston.
7. She also has a half-brother, James Waterston, who is also an actor.
8. She earned her B.F.A. in Acting from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University
9. In 2007, Waterston performed in the play Los Angeles by Julian Sheppard and in 2008, she performed in the play Kindness by Adam Rapp.
10. In 2010, Waterston played the role of Gena in the original Off-Broadway production of Bachelorette, played in the 2011 film version by Lizzy Caplan. I
11. n 2011, she played Anya in the Classic Stage Company revival of The Cherry Orchard.
12. Also in 2011, she performed in Dreams of Flying, Dreams of Falling, also by Adam Rapp at the Classic Stage Company.
13. Katherine Waterston made her feature film debut in Michael Clayton (2007).
14. She then had supporting roles in films including Robot & Frank (2012), Being Flynn (2012) and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her (2013) before her leading role as Shasta Fay Hepworth in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice (2014).
15. In 2015, she portrayed Chrisann Brennan in Steve Jobs. She stars in the 2016 film adaptation of J. K. Rowling’s book, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
16. Katherine Waterston will also have a leading role in Alien: Covenant (2017), a prequel of Ridley Scott’s Alien film series.
17. She was nominated for a Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Shasta in Inherent Vice.
18. She played the former girlfriend of Joaquin Phoenix in Inherent Vice.
19. Her height is 180 cm.
20. She portrayed Porpentina Scamander in the film adaptations of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
21. When Redmayne admitted to Katerine Waterston that he was nervous for his role at Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, she was flabbergasted. “I thought, ‘what the hell, how is that possible? You just won the Oscar. How could you be nervous?,’”
22. Waterston will star in Alfonso Gomez-Rejon’s “The Current War,” alongside Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon.
23. Dakota Fanning and Saoirse Ronan where considered for Katerine’s role at the movie.