John Heard was an American film and television actor.
Let’s see some interesting facts about him!
1. John Matthew Heard Jr. was born March 7, 1945 in Washington, D.C..
2. He was the son of Helen (Sperling), who was involved in the arts and appeared in community theatre, and John Heard, who worked for the office of the Secretary of Defense.
3. Heard was raised Catholic; though one of his grandfathers was Jewish.
4. Heard attended Gonzaga College High School; Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts; and Catholic University of America, in Washington, D.C.
5. He grew up with two sisters, one of whom, Cordis, is also an actress, and a brother, Matthew, who died in 1975.
6. He was probably best known for his lead roles in several films, including Chilly Scenes of Winter, Heart Beat, Cutter’s Way, Cat People, and C.H.U.D., as well as supporting roles in After Hours, Big, Beaches, Awakenings, Rambling Rose, The Pelican Brief, My Fellow Americans, Snake Eyes, and Animal Factory.
7. He also played Peter McCallister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, as well as appearing in Sharknado. Heard was nominated for an Emmy Award in 1999 for guest starring on The Sopranos.
8. Heard married actress Margot Kidder in 1979.
9. He has a son, John Matthew “Jack” Heard, with ex-girlfriend Melissa Leo.
10. Heard was arrested in 1991 and charged with third-degree assault for allegedly slapping Leo.
11. In 1997, he was found guilty of trespassing Leo’s home in Baltimore, Maryland’s Fell’s Point neighborhood, but acquitted of charges of trespassing at their son’s school.
12. He has two other former wives, Sharon Heard and Lana Pritchard. Sharon and Heard have two children together, son Max and a daughter named Annika.
13. Heard and Pritchard married on May 24, 2010, in Los Angeles and divorced on December 22, 2010 after about seven months of marriage.
14. On July 22, 2017, it was reported that Heard was found dead in a hotel in Palo Alto, California where he was reportedly recovering after undergoing back surgery. The Santa Clara Medical Examiner’s office confirmed his death.