Joe Alwyn is a British actor.
Let’s find out some fun facts about him!
1. Joseph Matthew Alwyn was born 21 February 1991 in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
2. His parents are to Elizabeth, an author, columnist and psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and Richard Alwyn, a documentary filmmaker.
3. Raised in the Crouch End/Tufnell Park area of London, he was educated at the City of London School.
4. Although an “introverted” child, he secretly wanted to be actor.
5. He became a member of the National Youth Theatre in his late teens.
6. While studying English literature and drama at the University of Bristol, he acted in two student productions at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. After graduating in 2012, he completed a BA in acting at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama.
7. Within two weeks of his graduate showcase, in early 2015, Alwyn was cast in the lead role of Ang Lee’s 2016 war drama, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, based on Ben Fountain’s novel.
8. In 2017, he had a supporting role in the British drama film The Sense of an Ending.
9. In 2018, he will appear in the period film The Favourite as well as in Mary Queen of Scots.
10. He is currently dating Taylor Swift.