Jodie Sweetin is an American actress, dancer, singer, and television personality.
Let’s see some fun facts about her!
1. Jodie Lee-Ann Sweetin was born January 19, 1982 in Los Angeles, California.
2. Her parents were both in prison at the time, and she was adopted and raised as an only child by her uncle Sam Sweetin and his second wife Janice when she was nine months old.
3. The adoption was not formalized until she was two years old because her birth father was one-fourth Native American.
4. Years later, she said she was told not to talk about her adoption publicly out of fear that people would think she was forced into acting.
5. While in high school, she and actor Matthew Morrison performed in the musical theatre together.
6. Her debut acting role was in the sitcom Valerie in 1987 when she played Pamela, the niece of Mrs. Poole (Edie McClurg).
7. Jeff Franklin cast her as Stephanie Tanner in Full House in 1987 and she played that role until the show ended in 1995.
8. This has become her most famous role to date.
9. After the show’s finale, Sweetin graduated from Los Alamitos High School in Los Alamitos, California in 1999, and attended Chapman University in Orange, California.
10. Sweetin returned to television by hosting the second season of the Fuse TV show Pants-Off Dance-Off.
11. She starred in a TV pilot, Small Bits of Happiness, a dark comedy centered around a suicide prevention specialist; it won Best Comedy at the 3rd Annual Independent Television Festival, in Los Angeles.
12. In 2009, Sweetin focused on independent films and appeared in two films: Port City and Redefining Love.
13. In 2011, she appeared in five webisodes of the internet show Can’t Get Arrested.
14. In 2012, she appeared as Leia in the TV film Singled Out.
15. In 2015, it was announced Sweetin would reprise her role as Stephanie Tanner on the Netflix spin-off series Fuller House.
16. On March 2, 2016, Sweetin was announced as one of the celebrities to compete on Dancing with the Stars – season
17. Her professional dance partner was Keo Motsepe. Sweetin and Motsepe were eliminated on week eight of competition and finished in sixth place.
18. In 2002, at age 20, Sweetin married her first husband, Los Angeles Police officer Shaun Holguin. Fellow Full House castmate Candace Cameron served as her matron of honor.
19. Cameron’s daughter, Natasha, served as a flower girl. Sweetin and Holguin divorced in 2006.
22. Sweetin met Cody Herpin, a film transportation coordinator, through friends, and they started dating in May 2007.
23. They were married in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 14, 2007. Together they have one daughter, Zoie (born 2008).
24. On November 19, 2008, Sweetin filed for legal separation from Herpin. Their divorce was finalized on April 20, 2010.
25. On April 30, 2010, Sweetin’s representative confirmed that she and her boyfriend of one year, Morty Coyle, were expecting a child. Their daughter Beatrix was born in 2010.
26. Sweetin and Coyle became engaged in January 2011, and married on March 15, 2012, in Beverly Hills. Sweetin filed for legal separation from Coyle in June 2013.
27. On January 22, 2016, she announced her engagement to Justin Hodak, who, like Sweetin, is a recovering drug addict.
28. On March 24, 2017, Sweetin announced the couple’s separation.
29. Sweetin is a recovering drug addict. She started drinking alcohol when she was 14, shortly after Full House wrapped.
30. Over parts of the next 15 years, she used ecstasy, methamphetamine, crack, among others, stating that she turned to drugs because she was “bored”.
31. In 2009, Sweetin wrote a memoir called unSweetined, which chronicles her downward spiral of alcohol and drug abuse that began with the ending of Full House.