1. How to Be Single is a 2016 American romantic comedy film directed by Christian Ditter and written by Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein, based on the novel of the same name by Liz Tuccillo.
2. Starring Dakota Johnson, Rebel Wilson, Alison Brie, and Leslie Mann, the film was released on February 12, 2016, by Warner Bros. Pictures.
3. Principal photography on the film began on April 20, 2015 in New York City, and ended on August 15, 2015.
4. How to Be Single was released on February 12, 2016.
5. As of February 15, 2016, How to Be Single has grossed $20.6 million in North America and $8.1 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $28.7 million, against a budget of $38 million.
6. The film was released on February 12, 2016, alongside Deadpool and Zoolander No. 2. Over its four-day President’s Day opening weekend, the film was projected to gross $20–25 million from 3,343 theaters. The film made $700,000 from its Thursday night previews and $5.3 million on its first day. It went on to gross $17.9 million in its opening weekend, finishing third at the box office behind Deadpool ($132.8 million) and Kung Fu Panda 3 ($19.8 million).
7. How to Be Single has received mixed reviews from critics.
8. This will be Dakota Johnson and Nicholas Brauns’s third movie together.
9. Dan Stevens was originally cast, but dropped out to work on Beauty and the Beast (2017).
10. Alison Brie and Dakota Johnson played in the movie The Five-Year Engagement (2012), but not in the same scenes.
11. Lily Collins was cast as the lead in the role of Alice but dropped out and was replaced by Dakota Johnson.
12. Dakota Johnson was part of the show Ben and Kate, which Dana Fox wrote.