Hilary Duff is an American actress and singer.
Let’s see some interesting facts about her!
1. Hilary Erhard Duff was born September 28, 1987 in Houston, Texas.
2. Her parents are Robert Erhard Duff, a partner in a chain of convenience stores, and Susan Colleen (née Cobb), a homemaker turned film and music producer.
3. Duff has one older sister named Haylie.
4. Hilary was raised between Houston and San Antonio, the locations of her father’s convenience stores.
5. Encouraged by their mother, both Hilary and her sister enrolled in acting, singing, and ballet classes.
6. The siblings earned roles in local theater productions, and later participated in a touring BalletMet production of The Nutcracker in San Antonio.
7. Increasingly interested in the pursuit of show business, the Duff sisters and their mother moved to California in 1993, while their father stayed in Houston to take care of his business.
8. The sisters auditioned for several years and were cast in many television commercials.
9. Due to her acting career, Duff was home-schooled from the age of eight.
10. The pair also modeled for various clothing brands.
11. During her initial acting years, Duff primarily played minor roles, such as her uncredited part in the Hallmark Entertainment western miniseries True Women (1997) and as an uncredited extra in the ensemble comedy-drama Playing by Heart (1998).
12. The same year, Duff landed her first major role as Wendy in Casper Meets Wendy, based on the Harvey Comics characters.
13. After appearing in the supporting role of Ellie in the television film The Soul Collector (1999), Duff received a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress).
14. In March 2000, Duff appeared as a sick child in the CBS medical drama Chicago Hope. She was next cast as one of the children in the pilot episode of the NBC sitcom Daddio.
15. Duff began her acting career at a young age, and quickly became labeled a teen idol as the title character of the Disney Channel comedy series Lizzie McGuire (2001–2004). The series proved to be a hit, leading to a film adaptation of the series to be released.
16. Duff began working on numerous projects with the Disney Channel, including the film Cadet Kelly (2002). She later began work on an album, releasing the Christmas themed Santa Claus Lane (2002) through Walt Disney Records.
17. Upon signing with Hollywood Records, Duff began working on her second studio album, Metamorphosis (2003). The album achieved critical and commercial success, topping the Billboard 200 and selling over three million copies in the United States alone. The album also found success in both Canada and Japan. Duff’s success in both acting and music led to her becoming a household name, with merchandise such as dolls, clothing, and fragrances being released.
18. Duff began to expand her career into theatrical films, with leading roles in projects such as Agent Cody Banks (2003), Cheaper by the Dozen (2003), A Cinderella Story (2004), and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005). She continued to have success in music, with her albums Hilary Duff (2004) and Most Wanted (2005) achieving Platinum status in the United States.
19. Following the release of her fourth studio album, Dignity (2007), Duff released a greatest hits album and parted ways with Hollywood Records.
20. During this time, she began appearing in independent films such as War, Inc. (2008), According to Greta (2009), and Bloodworth (2010).
21. She later released the novel Elixir (2010), which became a New York Times best seller. The book was followed by the sequels Devoted (2011) and True (2013).
22. She currently stars in the comedy-drama series Younger as Kelsey Peters. She returned to music in 2014, and signed with RCA Records for her fifth studio album Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015).
23. Duff has worked with numerous charities and organizations throughout her career.
24. Duff has received much media attention since the beginning of her career, most notably for her romantic relationships, friendships and her public image.
25. Her romances with Aaron Carter and Joel Madden were often reported in the media. In 2010, she married former professional hockey player Mike Comrie, with whom she has a son.
26. The two of them finalized their divorce six years later. She has been described by later Disney actresses as an inspiration, with artists such as Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez claiming they looked up to Duff and emulated her career.
27. Duff has sold an estimated 15 million records since her debut in 2002.
28. Duff dated pop singer Aaron Carter on and off between 2001 and 2003 before he met and dated Lindsay Lohan. It was reported that Carter soon left Lohan and went back to dating Duff, starting a feud between the two actresses.
29. She dated Joel Madden who is the lead singer for Good Charlotte. They broke up after two and a half years of dating. He moved on to marry Nicole Richie.
30. She married hockey player Mike Comrie in 2010 in Santa Barbara.
31. Comrie bought her an early 20th birthday present: a Mercedes-Benz G-class SUV (retail price: more than $ 100,000).
32. She gave birth to her 1st child at age 24, a son Luca Cruz Comrie on March 20, 2012.
33. She returned to work 10 months after giving birth to her son Luca in order to begin filming her guest appearance on “Raising Hope”.
34. Was separated from her husband of 3 years Mike Comrie from January to April of 2014.
35. She does not like all kinds of bell peppers – yellow, red or green whether they’re cooked or raw.
36. In February 2015, Duff filed for divorce from Comrie, citing irreconcilable differences, and requesting primary physical and legal joint custody of their son. The divorce was finalized in February 2016.