Guardians of the Galaxy Vo. 2 is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team. Let’ see some fun facts about the movie!
1.It is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
2. Set two months after the first film, the Guardians of the Galaxy travel throughout the cosmos and struggle to keep their newfound family together, while helping Peter Quill learn more about his true parentage.
3. In July 2014, Guardians of the Galaxy co-screenwriter Nicole Perlman confirmed a sequel, saying it was “going to happen” due to the positive response, and confirmed that Gunn would write and direct.
4. At San Diego Comic-Con International 2014, the sequel was given a release date of July 28, 2017
5. In October, Gunn confirmed that all five original Guardians would return, along with other characters from the original film, with the possibility of more team members joining, and the release date was moved up to May 5, 2017.
6. In November 2014, Michael Rooker revealed he would return for the sequel as Yondu, stating he was looking forward to exploring new areas of the character, and was excited to “expand on the role”.
7. In the following months, Chris Pratt, who played Peter Quill / Star-Lord in the first film, revealed the sequel would be one of his next projects, and Bradley Cooper expressed interest and excitement when asked if he would return as Rocket for the sequel.
8. In March 2015, Gunn revealed that filming would take place in Atlanta, Georgia with “major crew changes” from the first film, and that his brother, Sean Gunn, would return as Kraglin alongside Karen Gillan as Nebula.
9. In May 2015, Gunn talked about the characters in the film, revealing that there are fewer characters than in the first film and that he at one point had two major new characters in the script; talks had begun with an actor Gunn had in mind to fulfill one of the roles.
10. In September 2015, Gunn revealed that he wanted to use Sneepers, an alien race that first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1964, as background characters in the film but was advised against it by Marvel’s legal department because the name was too similar to snípur, the Icelandic word for clitoris.
11. The Marvel legal department later cleared the use of Sneepers in the film, in part because of all the media coverage the initial post received.
12. Pre-shooting began on February 11, 2016, at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia with Henry Braham serving as cinematographer and Scott Chambliss as production designer.
13. Gunn noted that many of the crew from the first film, such as cinematographer Ben Davis and production designer Charles Wood, signed on to work on Doctor Strange, and due to that film pushing production to November 2015, were unable to work on Vol. 2.
14. The film was the first to be shot with an 8K resolution camera, the Red Weapon 8K.
15. In July 2016, at San Diego Comic-Con International, Russell was confirmed as Ego, Quill’s father, along with Debicki confirmed as Ayesha, and the reveal that Sylvester Stallone was in the film.[
16. In January 2016, Gunn stated that he had chosen an additional Bowie song to appear in the film (after “Moonage Daydream” was featured in the first film) but had cut the original scene it was featured in. The inclusion would have made Bowie the only artist to be featured on both mixtapes. With his death however, Gunn hoped to find a way to include the chosen song somewhere else in the film as a “fair and appropriate” way to honor him, as Bowie was one of Gunn’s idols.
17. In an interview, James Gunn said that most of the questions will be answered in this movie that remained unanswered in the first part.
18. Kurt Russell, Gary Oldman, Viggo Mortensen and Liam Neeson have been linked to the role of Star Lord’s father. Russell stated he has been approached for the role but is yet to announce if he would accept; this was due to the fact he was yet to see Guardians of the Galaxy.
19. There were strong refrences of superhero ‘Nova’ in the first movie and it was believed he’d appear in the sequel but James Gunn said he has no plans to bring the character to the big screen.
20. Kurt Russell has appeared in many Disney films over the past fifty years. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) will be his first Disney film, and first superhero film, in twelve years, since Sky High (2005).
21. A rumor reports that Mar-Vell/Captain Marvel will be Star-Lord’s father, but James Gunn denied the rumors.
22. The poster for the film is a parody of the Ramones album cover, Rocket to Russia.
23. Vin Diesel and Kurt Russell, Groot and Star-Lord’s father (rumored) respectively, appeared in Furious 7 (2015).